Hello from Nottingham, UK.

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Moggy

Re: Hello from Nottingham, UK.

Post by Moggy »

Welcome aboard Jeekay56. Nice to see a recipient of one of Lardo's sterling refurbs.

Meanwhile I'll just leave this here...
Attachments
11.jpg
Jeekay56

Post by Jeekay56 »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 pm Yep that was me. Not that many people sell refurbed zeddies on eBay very often. I think there is basically me and a guy in Greece. There isn’t much money to be made but personally I enjoy doing it and it is a great subterfuge at home - my wife is used to loads of parcels arriving. ‘Oh, just another computer to do up and sell, Mrs Boffin’. He says while hiding his latest purchase in the attic...
Some members of this forum seem to think I have a factory churning out zeddies. :D
Mrs Boffin, Mrs Boffin, he's bought another one! :roll:
I was looking at that one myself.

Cheers,

Graham
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Jeekay56 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:15 pm
Lardo Boffin wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 pm Yep that was me. Not that many people sell refurbed zeddies on eBay very often. I think there is basically me and a guy in Greece. There isn’t much money to be made but personally I enjoy doing it and it is a great subterfuge at home - my wife is used to loads of parcels arriving. ‘Oh, just another computer to do up and sell, Mrs Boffin’. He says while hiding his latest purchase in the attic...
Some members of this forum seem to think I have a factory churning out zeddies. :D
Mrs Boffin, Mrs Boffin, he's bought another one! :roll:
I was looking at that one myself.

Cheers,

Graham
Shhhhh!!! Don’t tell Mrs Boffin! Especially not that I am currently trying to stop myself buying a Tatung Einstein! Seriously would have nowhere to put it and it is a beast.
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
Jeekay56

Post by Jeekay56 »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:13 pm I sold a zeddy to a Graham in Notts on Saturday. Small world?
My Zeddy arrived today, bought back so many memories unboxing it.
Hopefully there'll be no compatability issues with the ZXpand I picked up on SellMyRetro last night.

Damn you Lardo, it seems this is a very slippery slope you've enticed me on to. :lol:

Cheers,

Graham
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Jeekay56 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:54 am
Lardo Boffin wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:13 pm I sold a zeddy to a Graham in Notts on Saturday. Small world?
My Zeddy arrived today, bought back so many memories unboxing it.
Hopefully there'll be no compatability issues with the ZXpand I picked up on SellMyRetro last night.

Damn you Lardo, it seems this is a very slippery slope you've enticed me on to. :lol:

Cheers,

Graham
:twisted: :twisted:

It was tested extensively with a ZXPand but I don’t have a ZXpand+. I wouldn’t imagine there are going to be any issues. I really need to get a +.

Of course now you have a working zeddy you need a ‘collectors’ unmodified zeddy. :D I just so happen to have one up for sale on eBay... Healthy discount to forum members if bought directly rather than via eBay as no fees to pay. But if you get one of those then you will need a Chroma 81 (http://www.fruitcake.plus.com/Sinclair/ ... erface.htm) in order to get a good picture out of it.
But it also provides colour! Add that to your + and your zeddy does colour and sound! (Rubs hands together - another soul converted to the cause...).
ZX80
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Jeekay56

Post by Jeekay56 »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 pm It was tested extensively with a ZXPand but I don’t have a ZXpand+. I wouldn’t imagine there are going to be any issues. I really need to get a +.
It's the ZXpand I've bought so that's good news.
Lardo Boffin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 pm Of course now you have a working zeddy you need a ‘collectors’ unmodified zeddy. :D I just so happen to have one up for sale on eBay.
The cupboard is bare. I need to sell some stuff before I can buy anything else. I have an oscilloscope and a signal generator that I'll put on ebay over the weekend. Pity there's no forum here for selling things like that.

Cheers,

Graham
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Jeekay56 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:09 pm
Lardo Boffin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 pm It was tested extensively with a ZXPand but I don’t have a ZXpand+. I wouldn’t imagine there are going to be any issues. I really need to get a +.
It's the ZXpand I've bought so that's good news.
Lardo Boffin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 pm Of course now you have a working zeddy you need a ‘collectors’ unmodified zeddy. :D I just so happen to have one up for sale on eBay.
The cupboard is bare. I need to sell some stuff before I can buy anything else. I have an oscilloscope and a signal generator that I'll put on ebay over the weekend. Pity there's no forum here for selling things like that.

Cheers,

Graham
I know that feeling!!! I can only buy stuff when I sell stuff on eBay etc.

There is a for sale section on here you could try but then you lose the seller protection you get via eBay. You also lose the fees. :D
ZX80
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
dessony

Post by dessony »

Graham,

Welcome to the Sinclair ZX81/ZX80 Forum!

From an American Timex/Sinclair 1000 user to a British Sinclair ZX81 user!

Cheers,
DesSony7
GCHarder

Post by GCHarder »

High Rise Hive is a HogRogProg game. See HogRogProg Collection in the games forum for more great games by them. I really like Bug Burst myself.

Regards;

Greg
Jeekay56

Post by Jeekay56 »

dessony wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:53 pm Graham,

Welcome to the Sinclair ZX81/ZX80 Forum!

From an American Timex/Sinclair 1000 user to a British Sinclair ZX81 user!

Cheers,
DesSony7
Thank you, and to all those that have taken the trouble to welcome me, I didn't mean to ignore anyone.

GCHarder wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:27 am High Rise Hive is a HogRogProg game. See HogRogProg Collection in the games forum for more great games by them. I really like Bug Burst myself.

Regards;

Greg
Thanks Greg, I've not heard of Bug Burst, I'll keep an out for it.

On another note I bought another Zeddy last night (I blame Lardo), then this morning discovered my car battery is buggered. Need to get my selling head on now. :lol:

Cheers,

Graham