Howdy from Boston

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
part12studios

Howdy from Boston

Post by part12studios »

Hi everyone,

I recently got my hands on a (working) Sinclair 1000. I had one of these in the 4th grade circa 1984. I had a book of games in basic. Wasn't really learning as much as transcribing the code, but it was still so cool to hook up a cassette player as a kid to record backups of code and such.

Faster forward 30+ years and I have another one. I got a book on basic games, but also something that was special about this purchase was that the system came with a stack of retail cassettes. I don't know if this community has a repository of stuff, but i took it upon myself to record these programs with a zoom recorder and preserve them. The list of apps (and their accompanying instructions are:

Frogger
Inventory Control
Manufacturing Control
Money Analyzer
Money Analyzer 2
Power Pack 1
Presidential Campaign (really interested in this one being an election year.. lol)
SuperMaze
The Budgeter
The Checkbook Manager
The Cube Game
The Mixed Bag Game
The Organizer

if anyone knows a place i could upload / save the recordings I'd love to know. I have photos of all the pages of all the instructions as well. likely pull together in a PDF for each for organization. Just haven't done yet.

Thanks,
Caleb
stroebeljc

Re: Howdy from Boston

Post by stroebeljc »

Welcome!

There are several libraries available. One of me favorites is here.
John
part12studios

Post by part12studios »

wow that 3d defender program is cool. I also like this emulator. Very nice. Glad to know some people have made the effort to preserve!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Caleb!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy the forum :D

There is also an archive of various ZX81/TS1000 and ZX Spectrum software over on Spectrum Computing.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.