Hello from Germany

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Tiger

Hello from Germany

Post by Tiger »

Hello,
nice Forum, so I'd decided to register here.
My first contact with computers startet with a an Fairchild F8-Board in the 80s. The big step to program startet with an ZX81 which I bought as a kit-version. Mostly I transferred basic programs into machine language and shortened the routines to make them faster - it was amazing how much faster a 1K program could run. My next Sinclair was an ZX Spectrum 16K which I upgraded to 48K and because I didn't like the rubber-keys with and ZX+ case kit.
A friend in the UK bought an used 128K for me which I had to pick up at the customs and had to pay a lot of tax for this gift (it was before the EU, but after Brexit this time will come again soon). With an DISCiPLE-disc interface it was a long time the perfect machine for me. But end of the 90s I couldn't hesitate to buy a PC. My 128K was meanwhile sold and after going into retirement I found the time to fix my old ZX81 and some broken Speccy's which I had collect over the years. Cause it was difficult to get spare-parts, I bought some Spectrum's at ebay. Unfortunately most of them had the same mistakes as the once I owned... But at the end I could fix all of them. Last I bought two Harlequin Kits and a PCB and made them workable. Now I decided to sell all this stuff.
Hope I can help someone in this forum and on the other hand it is interesting to read which solutions will be found to solve problems with the Sinclair computers.
Lardo Boffin

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Welcome to the forum!
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
1024MAK

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Tiger!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy the forum :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.