Hello from Antwerp

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Luc

Hello from Antwerp

Post by Luc »

My first "computer" was a Texas Instruments calculator that you could program in up to 50 steps.
Then I soldered and Mk14 together and programmed it in machine code. It took me 3 months to write a program that calculated my bio-rhythm. But running the program took barely half a second. I then regularly calculated my bio-rhythm for a while and found out that it offered no significant correlation with real life. ;)
When the ZX81 arrived I was smoking 25 cigarettes a day and the Sinclair cost the same as smoking for 6 months. I promised myself (and my 6-year-old son) that I would stop smoking for at least 6 months to pay for the computer. The Z81 arrived and I haven't smoked since.
I expanded my 81 to 2K, put in a Forth rom (which I can't find anymore)
Then came the Spectrum and the QL.
I've never played many games and that's why the QL was the pinnacle for me and I still regret that my QL broke.
After Sinclair my main "computers" were from Psion.
Now I'm trying to get my ZX81 working again
1024MAK

Re: Hello from Antwerp

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Luc!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

If you do want help with getting your ZX81 working, please do start a new topic in the hardware section ;-)

Good luck 🤞

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Luc

Post by Luc »

Thank you Mark
Andre

Post by Andre »

Bonjour Luc! I am always happy to ''see'' a new Sinclair/Timex friend. And by the way it took me more time to get the money to buy my first ZX81...I did not smoke. Any qestion about the ZX81 basic language, I am here! Have fun!
The ZX81 pleasure is spreading, ANDRE***
http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre
http://zx81.de/andre