Greetings from Northwest, AR, USA

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Berzerkula

Greetings from Northwest, AR, USA

Post by Berzerkula »

Greetings,

When in elementary school, in the early 90's, the Ham Radio club had a Timex Sinclair 1000. I'd hammer away for hours at night with an Emerson TV.

Recently, I've received a ZX81 kit with an issue one board. I'm putting together mods I'll need and should be able to keep most of the original chips unused. Until I get it built, I've been using the EightyOne emulator, which works quite well.

I've also built the Xi-8088 with add-on boards and backplane, RC2014, Putnam Electronics PE6502, a slew of addons for the RC2014 including Scott Baker's add-ons. In queue are the Yaz180 and a 68k kit. Many things at once, so little time.

I've been having a blast reviewing the posts in the various forums.
You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used to
Moggy

Re: Greetings from Northwest, AR, USA

Post by Moggy »

Welcome to our world Berzerkula. :D

It never ceases to amaze me how many different parts of the world our members come from, especially your side of the puddle.

Lots to read and catch up on no doubt and lots of knowledgeable folk to help and answer any questions you might have.

Again welcome aboard.

Regards.

Moggy.
Neurogate

Re: Greetings from Northwest, AR, USA

Post by Neurogate »

Moggy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:48 pm It never ceases to amaze me how many different parts of the world our members come from, especially your side of the puddle.
For USA it is not so strange, because they have Timex 1000 and it was official sales in USA. More strange is are members from the countries, where ZX81 has never been sold. Anyway it is good to be a part of so wide community.
Sinclair ZX81, Sinclair QL, Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2, Atari 130XE, Commodore 64C, Commodore C128, Yamaha YIS503IIIR MSX2 & etc