Hello from Barcelona

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Elurdio

Hello from Barcelona

Post by Elurdio »

Hi,

When I was young I almost bought a Jupiter Ace. I bought its manual on the shop and after studying it for some days, I went to the shop and tried it during a whole evening. It was one with a mechanical keybord installed. I liked it a lot, but unfortanately I could not afford it that time. Now, past more than 40 years, I enjoy programming a Jupiter Ace in Forth (and some assembler) in a EigthyOne emulator.
mrtinb

Re: Hello from Barcelona

Post by mrtinb »

Welcome here. We are a mixed group here. Some prefer Forth, some prefer assembler, some prefer Basic, and some prefer just games. At least 2 people here has created their own Forth for the ZX81.

Personally I have come to love Forth more and more. Mostly to give structure and overview compared to assembler and Basic.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Welcome from me also.

I agree with Martin and think Forth is a great language to learn and the two Forths he mentions are based on Forth 79 and very powerful and faithful to the original Forth79. Should you wish to try it you will find it is not far removed from Ace Forth, also forum member Kmurta who created Toddy Forth in all its forms is also a very good Ace programmer himself who has translated a lot of programs from Ace Forth to Toddy forth for the ZX81.

I should also mention Roganjosh who has created FIF81 a 79 based Forth also for the ZX81 which is equally excellent to use.

The relevant threads can be found here...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4131

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4238&hilit=tf79
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Elurdio!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.