Greetings from another zx80 fan!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
jimzx

Greetings from another zx80 fan!

Post by jimzx »

Hi guys. I hope you all are well. My name is Jim and I'm also a zx80 fan ;)
I study astrology and this is my hobby. My zodiac sign is Pisces, I knew from the Pisces compatibility chart that my best match is Scorpio.
Paul

Re: Greetings from another zx80 fan!

Post by Paul »

Hi, I'm also a ZX80 fan
I'm from Germany and never understood why anybody might think the ZX80 has no fan.
Of course there is no noise coming out of it and the openings in the top are just painted.
But my ZX80s have many fans
Kind regards
Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
David G

Post by David G »

Welcome!

This ad started my interest in computers. when I saw this advertisement in 1980, I knew nothing about computers. $200 seemed achievable -- i would have a computer someday! -- although since i was only 16, it was just out of reach
Attachments
Interface Age (December 1980)
Interface Age (December 1980)
derek

Post by derek »

Paul wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:29 pm Hi, I'm also a ZX80 fan
I'm from Germany and never understood why anybody might think the ZX80 has no fan.
Of course there is no noise coming out of it and the openings in the top are just painted.
Kind regards
Paul
Wih all those fans, you are pretty cool then...
Regards,

Derek
derek

Post by derek »

David G wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:16 pm Welcome!

This ad started my interest in computers. when I saw this advertisement in 1980, I knew nothing about computers. $200 seemed achievable -- i would have a computer someday! -- although since i was only 16, it was just out of reach
I wanted a ZX80, but went for the ZX81 when it was first offered for sale.
Regards,

Derek
Paul

Post by Paul »

derek wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:03 amI wanted a ZX80, but went for the ZX81 when it was first offered for sale.
After seeing a ZX80 in a shop I started saving all my pocket money. But I got a 16K Spectrum because that was sold by the time I saved enough money and a ZX80 wasn't sold anymore.

One year later I was able to buy a ZX80 in a sale in a shop in the Netherlands for 20 hfl.
Even then I could only afford one.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
jimzx

Post by jimzx »

Paul wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:29 pm Hi, I'm also a ZX80 fan
Kind regards
Paul
Nice to hear that. My regards Paul!
I study astrology and this is my hobby. My zodiac sign is Pisces, I knew from the Pisces compatibility chart that my best match is Scorpio.