Hello from Seattle!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
SuperGlob

Hello from Seattle!

Post by SuperGlob »

Hi everyone!

I'm a transplant from Holland and have lived in the US for eehh, 20+ years or so. Started out on a ZX81, Vic, etc. I've been in the games industry for my entire life (33+ years.. Yes, I'm old!) and have been fortunate enough to live and work in many different countries (including the UK).

These days, time permitting, I spend whatever time I have working on my own retro creations. Mostly using old FPGA's (Altera MAX, FLEX, etc) and stuff you can buy on eBay for next to nothing. Still hold a place in my heart for my first computer, as many of you probably do as well. I remember typing in listings when I was a kid (C&VG, Your Computer) with awesome art / drawings which made the simple games just so much more vivid. There's still something to be said about creating fun experiences with minimal resources.

So anyway, looking forward to sharing things here!

Nice to meet everyone! :-)
blittled

Re: Hello from Seattle!

Post by blittled »

Welcome to this wonderful forum. I have found all the members helpful in my ZX adventures :D . A little off topic but I'm interested in your FPGA projects. I have DE0-Nano and a DE10-Lite boards and trying to get into FPGAs so PM me about them sometime. Thanks!
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
David G

Post by David G »

SuperGlob wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:37 pmThere's still something to be said about creating fun experiences with minimal resources
Welcome SuperGlob!

I also started with a minimal home computer, the ZX81 I purchased from Sinclair when I was 18 years old and soldered together on the kitchen table

Ah the joy of making it do marvelous things!

P.S: I'm from Seattle too, but now am in Hawaii for the past decade
SuperGlob

Post by SuperGlob »

Nice!

Whereabouts on Hawaii? Big Island? I spent a month in Kona working remotely with the family. Starting work at 6am was a bit rough but definitely worth it considering you'd roll off at 3pm and still have time for the beach!