Hi Everyone!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
BrettRogersUK

Hi Everyone!

Post by BrettRogersUK »

Hi All,

My name is Brett and I'm from Bradford in the UK.

My ZX81 journey has just started, I've built a replica of the ZX81 found on github by a member called BlueScreen2001.

It is more ornless a replica of an issue one board with a few modifications I.e to allow a 32k RAM chip to be used without having to have wires going to the diodes and also space for a video board that they also designed to replace the Modulator.

But other than that it's a direct replacement for the zx81 board.

I've built it and used a vLA81. I never had a zx81 when I was growing up. My dad started with a rubber key 16/48k speccy then from there went to an Acorn Electron then to an Atari STE then a PC. Obviously I used BBC Micros and Archimedes computers at school.

I'm not sure where to post about my replica. I'm guessing it will be in the hardware section.

Anyway, I hope you'll all like my post and I look forward to being a part of this community.

Regards,

Brett
Lardo Boffin

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Welcome Brett!
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
Flatulentia

Post by Flatulentia »

Welcome from a 2x ZX81 owner. One is a ZX81 and-a-half (see sig), the other is half a newly acquired ZX81 for spares. :lol:
ZX81 with ZiLOG Z84 CMOS Z80, 32KB battery-backed Toshiba 55257 SRAM with charge status LED, Wilf's "Why Wait?" mod and switch-mode 5V regulator. 50/60Hz mode switch, composite video output with Zigg's back porch mod and 1080p60 HDMI output.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Brett!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Yes, the most appropriate section to discuss your ZX81 replica build is the hardware forum area.

We look forward to seeing and hearing about your replica build.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.