Hiya from voorsk

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
voorsk

Hiya from voorsk

Post by voorsk »

Hiya!

I'm voorsk AKA Graham, living in Leeds, UK.

I think my first proper computer (other than an orange Binatone bat & ball thing) was a ZX81. Well.. my dad's first computer.. I remember it being replaced several times, then a 16K Spectrum replaced it, then that broke, then a 48K, which definitely broke a couple of times before we got a 48K+ which gave several years of use, up until the early nineties when we bought Amigas.

FFWD to now, and I've got a rubber key 48K, a Toastrack, a Harlequin 128, an N-GO, and I bought a ZX81 off of the 'bay last night. :)

This morning I've been trying to get a ULAdigitizer to work with my issue 2 48K, but it's having issues, resetting over and over. :cry: Still works if the digitizer is disconnected, so not the end of the world. Time to search the forums to see if anyone else has tried one...
Paul

Re: Hiya from voorsk

Post by Paul »

Welcome to our forums.
Enjoy, read and ask questions, were trying to help ;)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
poulette73

Post by poulette73 »

Hi,

Welcome here ! ;)
ZX81/ZXpand+
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Graham!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

You are welcome to ask questions!

I've not heard of the ULAdigitizer before. It looks like it either copies the video data from the ULA data bus when the ULA reads the video data from the 'lower' RAM, or when the Z80 writes the video data to the 'lower' RAM.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

there doesn't seem to be much info on the ULADigitizer, yet. I've used a VicIIDizer and a TMSDigitizer, and they both worked straight away. My Speccy's always had a crap composite output, which I got around with a ZX-VGA-JOY, but it seems like the ULADigitizer is a bit more reliant on the existing video processing, altho I'm not sure why that would make it reset. I'll get it fixed, somehow.

The ZX81 arrived today. Such a thing of beauty! I've bought another one, so I can keep one of them original, and mod the crap out of the other. :)
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

voorsk wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:00 am

.....The ZX81 arrived today. Such a thing of beauty! I've bought another one, so I can keep one of them original, and mod the crap out of the other. :)
Lardo enters the conversation! :lol:
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

It's so shiny.. I've never seen such a clean mobo! I'll have to do a video out mod, but i don't think i want to do the RAM and 2450 mods anymore. I'll get a RAM pack, instead!
20240331_112304.jpg