mrtinb

Re: New release of EightyOne available

Post by mrtinb »

Martin
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
GCHarder

Post by GCHarder »

The program "ShowSCR" no longer works in 1.21, it does work in 1.18. The upper third of the image is distorted, maybe something to do with the Spectrum display format. Running on WIN7 64Bit.

Regards;

Greg

Here's a screen cap
Attachments
ScreenCap.gif
ScreenCap.gif (11.36 KiB) Viewed 599 times
Last edited by GCHarder on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

GCHarder wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:00 pm The program "ShowSCR" no longer works in 1.21, it does work in 1.18. The upper third of the image is distorted, maybe something to do with the Spectrum display format. Running on WIN7 64Bit.

I've tried in v1.22 and it is working ok for me. Can you include a screenshot of what you are seeing.
Rainbirdrich

Post by Rainbirdrich »

Just grabbed latest release V1.22, but noticed that each time I click on the keyboard (press F1 to invoke it) the image (and window) for it gets smaller, and then there's no obvious way to get it back to the normal size? if you keep clicking it ends up as a tiny square just big enough for the close window gadget to still be visible. It does this in V1.20 as well, but I never really noticed this before now.

Quitting and restarting the emulator didn't resolve the problem, but later on when I tried this, the keyboard image and window was back to its normal size.

Weird.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

Rainbirdrich wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:52 pm Just grabbed latest release V1.22, but noticed that each time I click on the keyboard (press F1 to invoke it) the image (and window) for it gets smaller, and then there's no obvious way to get it back to the normal size? if you keep clicking it ends up as a tiny square just big enough for the close window gadget to still be visible. It does this in V1.20 as well, but I never really noticed this before now.

Quitting and restarting the emulator didn't resolve the problem, but later on when I tried this, the keyboard image and window was back to its normal size.

Weird.
On a hunch I tried changing font size to 125% from 100% and I got the behaviour you saw. Do you have a font size larger than 100% set on your computer?
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

GCHarder wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:00 pm The program "ShowSCR" no longer works in 1.21, it does work in 1.18. The upper third of the image is distorted, maybe something to do with the Spectrum display format. Running on WIN7 64Bit.
I've still not been able to reproduce this. What hardware settings do you have?

You could try deleting the eightyone.ini file (although can't see why any settings there could affect things like this).
GCHarder

Post by GCHarder »

I'll download 1.22 and try again. This occurs in 1.21, so it would be best to both be using the same version.

I'll let you know what happens.

Regards;

Greg

I installed 1.22 and it seems to be working OK. I then tried 1.21 again and now that's working as well. Maybe I had a corrupt file somewhere. Sorry to have bothered you.
Rainbirdrich

Post by Rainbirdrich »

Not quite. On my Windows 10 laptop I have to change the 'Compatibility' on the shortcut I use to the emulator, 'Change high DPI settings' > 'Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by: Application' else all the fonts in the emulator are blurry. I do that with most applications on the laptop. Without using that setting, the keyboard image behaves itself and nothing happens when I click on it.
Fruitcake wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:09 am
Rainbirdrich wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:52 pm Just grabbed latest release V1.22, but noticed that each time I click on the keyboard (press F1 to invoke it) the image (and window) for it gets smaller, and then there's no obvious way to get it back to the normal size? if you keep clicking it ends up as a tiny square just big enough for the close window gadget to still be visible. It does this in V1.20 as well, but I never really noticed this before now.

Weird.
On a hunch I tried changing font size to 125% from 100% and I got the behaviour you saw. Do you have a font size larger than 100% set on your computer?