New release of EightyOne available

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Elurdio

Re: New release of EightyOne available

Post by Elurdio »

I use Eightyone for Jupiter Ace emulation. I have a copy on my desktop PC at home and a copy on my laptop at my workplace.
In both PCs it is configured to have a physical copy in the HD sincronized with Cloud files.

Recently in the laptop I experienced problems with sincronization and configured it to work directly with Cloud files.

All was going fine, all progrmas can be run, edited, listed, created, etc without problems, until yesterday when I use the EigthyOne option to Load a file in Jupiter Ace memory (file->load memory block). After I do it, the system crashs after I execute any Jupiter Ace's comand (VLIST or any other).

This happens even with very small files.

I have just made a test: I have copied the same file from Cloud directory to a physical directory in my laptop and loaded in memory the same way and then THERE IS NO PROBLEM.

So it seems EigthyOne have troubles with loading memory blocks when the source file is located in the Cloud (Google Drive). Is this so?

EDIT: The EigthyOne emulator is installed in a physical directory in the HD that is NOT sincronize with Cloud. The Cloud directory (or the sincronized one) that EigthyOne uses is only for programs files (.TZX, .BIN, .ASM, etc) that I create/modify/etc.
stevenmcdonald

Post by stevenmcdonald »

Hi.This is a strange one.. Could it be perhaps the file has not totally synced over fully?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

EightyOne of course predates Cloud services…

You’ve already come up with a workaround, copy the file to a folder on a local hard drive.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Elurdio

Post by Elurdio »

1024MAK wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:56 am EightyOne of course predates Cloud services…

You’ve already come up with a workaround, copy the file to a folder on a local hard drive.

Mark
But EightyOne works fine with .TZX that are in the Cloud (through the tape manager). It fails with >Load Memory Block (and may be others).
Elurdio

Post by Elurdio »

stevenmcdonald wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:05 am Hi.This is a strange one.. Could it be perhaps the file has not totally synced over fully?
They are sinchronized since I copy one to a physical directory and I load it with >Memory Block Load and its content is complete. Then I tried to load the same file directly from Cloud and the JA emulator crashs.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

I would need to set up a comparable configuration to see if I can reproduce the issue. I've noted it for a future release.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

I've just released version 1.39 of EightyOne. This version adds support for the QS Hi-Res board, along with example programs for it. It also includes documentation on the various hardware interfaces supported by the emulator. See the release history file (now accessible via the Help menu) for full details of the release.

I recommend deleting your old installation files completely before installing the new version.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Thank you Paul. Much appreciated 8-)

Although you are releasing updates faster than I can find time to try them out! :lol:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

georgeo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:41 pm Thanks for all of the updates to the debugger in EightyOne. This helps a lot with writing code.

I have a (possibly foolish) question. I'm using memory view to see what changes when I do something at the ZX80 prompt. The viewer colours Red any memory cell that has changed, so you can easily spot that. However, is there a way to reset the memory viewer, so that nothing has changed, to set a new baseline?[
I've added an option to the right click context menu of the Memory Window to allow this. Hopefully this achieves what you need.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

1024MAK wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:35 pm Thank you Paul. Much appreciated 8-)

Although you are releasing updates faster than I can find time to try them out! :lol:

Mark
I'm aiming to let things stabilise now for a while and let everyone get up to date. It will also give folk a chance to report any new bugs that have crept in due to the restructuring work that has gone on.