New release of EightyOne available

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
PokeMon

Re: New release of EightyOne available

Post by PokeMon »

312 is correct for PAL TV norm - in fact it is 312.5 (625 lines per full picture with 2 frames).
So Sinclair used 624 lines which is accepted from all TVs I think.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

well i don't know how hard it would be but.... can one not just detect vsyncs and count t-states between them ?

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
olofsen

Post by olofsen »

Should there be 65000 tstates in 20 ms (depending on /CLK), unless /BUSREQ is used? Still, it may be quite difficult to get this exactly right. Counting them (per 20 ms, or per frame) is indeed an idea, although the count will be used for the next frame. If the count is variable, the result will remain variable. Would the count be constant when using a tracker? Also an idea could be to first store the I/O to the AY with the tstate stamps, count the tstates occurred in the 20 ms for the output of the sound buffer, and map the tstate stamps to approximate times.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

olofsen wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:35 pm Indeed. However, in file "zx81config.cpp" there is still a 312?
Yes you're right, I overlooked to change this. However In HW_.cpp, the constructor for THW calls OKClick() and in here I changed the code to use 310 lines instead of 312 if a ZX80/81:

Code: Select all

machine.tperscanline=207;
        machine.scanlines=zx81.NTSC ? 262:310;
        machine.tperframe = machine.tperscanline * machine.scanlines;
So although the default value is incorrect, it is soon overwritten before the emulator has fully started up.
jonesypeter

Post by jonesypeter »

Hi,

When I run 1.4 in Windows 10 64Bit, I get the following issues:

The loading screen appears with the keyboard, then I get a blank prompt window with just an 'OK' button.

After clicking OK I get another window which says access violation.

Peter
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

jonesypeter wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:05 pm I get a blank prompt window with just an 'OK' button.
Is there a title bar to the prompt? If so what is the text in it?

jonesypeter wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:05 pm The loading screen appears with the keyboard
Does the progress bar shown in the splash screen fill up completely and then the splash screen disappear?

Have you upgraded from version 1.3 or direct from 1.2?

If 1.2, have you tried locating and deleting the eightyone.ini file and only then running the emulator?
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

EightyOne version 1.5 is now available. The changes focus on enhancements to the debugging facilities, but there are a few minor bug fixes included also.

Download it from here.
marste

Post by marste »

Fruitcake wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:49 am EightyOne version 1.5 is now available. The changes focus on enhancements to the debugging facilities, but there are a few minor bug fixes included also.
What are these debugging facilities enhancements? (I like EightyOne debugging :D)
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

marste wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:57 am What are these debugging facilities enhancements? (I like EightyOne debugging :D)
Included in the download zip file is a 'Release history.txt' file that details the changes made in each version.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Just a minor bug I seem to have found in v1.4 when I'm running in win7.

When using the H4th/TreeForth ROM if the "MEM ." command is invoked it reports remaining RAM as 31344 bytes whereas it should be 14976 bytes

Edit due to Andy pointing out how thick I am. :lol: :oops:
Last edited by Moggy on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.