New version emulator ZEsarUX-4.0

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
olofsen

Re: New version emulator ZEsarUX-4.0

Post by olofsen »

Just one more note on this on Cesar's thread: for the high fidelity of the "Unreal" AY option, credit is due to the Unreal Speccy project, and to Yerz for making me aware of it :)
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

olofsen wrote:Just one more note on this on Cesar's thread: for the high fidelity of the "Unreal" AY option, credit is due to the Unreal Speccy project, and to Yerz for making me aware of it :)

I would stress though that in this emulators implementation the unreal option only makes the AY sound as it would on a real AY unit, with the small amount of testing I have tried especially with compositions with heavy envelope as opposed to just tone use, I found it doesn't actually add anything at all to sound of the AY.

When unreal is switched on it sounds as real AY should with all tones/envelopes sounding.
When unreal is switched off some envelope sounds are completely absent so therefore not true ZONX AY.

Conclusion; Just make AY act in unreal mode all the time for true ZONX AY no need for anything else.

This is not a criticism just an observation and in just two days Olofoson has made some great save and load improvements which along with the AY make this, for me at least,the go to emulator for chip tune composition in ZX81 mode which then can be transferred and played on real zeddy with a great degree of fidelity. :D

Many thanks again Olofson and many apologies Cesar for thread hijacking on my part.

Moggy.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

I will try it out when I get a moment, sadly I have neglected the life black box over the last year or so
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Andy Rea wrote:I will try it out when I get a moment, sadly I have neglected the life black box over the last year or so
I thought the street lights hadn't gone dim in a while! :lol:
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

Moggy wrote:
and many apologies Cesar for thread hijacking on my part.

Moggy.
It's ok. Don't worry ;)
Been busy last days adding new features for future version 4.1:

https://sourceforge.net/p/zesarux/code/ ... /Changelog

Still pending to run the zx81 tracker program and try to find why it hangs on ZEsarUX...

Cheers
Cesar
----

ZEsarUX
ZX Second-Emulator And Released for UniX
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux