The two files for you to check.

Moggy.
Attachments
wavs.rar
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
Moggy

Re: New version emulator ZEsarUX-4.0

Post by Moggy »

Andy Rea wrote:well thats quite odd, i used the windows version of ZEsarUX-4.0 and ran the soundtracker program, it become unresponsive because it gets stuck in a never ending loop

Code: Select all

07C7 KEY-LINE	ADD	A,L
		SCF
		RR	C
		JR	C,07C7,KEY-LINE
which is a little odd, and not what i expected at all, why it does it i don't know, further investigation is required

Andy

@Andy

Yes that's my experience also.

Some good news is that Erik/Olofson's emulator for windows now has the tracker compiler and player all working as it should do (by mimicking the Xpands load and save is the best way I can describe it) except now there is a slight problem with how the AY emulation doesn't sound some of the envelopes,The envelopes do get compiled correctly when your compiler is used in the emulator because when used in a normal windows AY player everything sounds as it should so the bug is in the emulator, but he's getting there bit by bit with some cracking work so all good stuff! :D
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

ZEsarUX-4.0 is quite broken :D :D :D :D

for soundtracker, even switching to editor and moving up or down causes screen corruption, something somewhere is fubar.

also i can break it all show some display disruption, all should work on 16K zeddy

regards Andy
3progs.zip
(7.98 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

Andy Rea wrote:ZEsarUX-4.0 is quite broken :D :D :D :D

for soundtracker, even switching to editor and moving up or down causes screen corruption, something somewhere is fubar.

also i can break it all show some display disruption, all should work on 16K zeddy

regards Andy
3progs.zip
Broken? Where? How can I reproduce the error and with which program?
----

ZEsarUX
ZX Second-Emulator And Released for UniX
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

@ Andy

Eriks emulator now fully AY functional as far as your trio of programs go.

The problem as far as I can make out is that he includes a feature for the AY called "unreal".
I found that when it's switched it off to give standard ZONX output the AY reproduction is not 100% switch it on and the AY sounds exactly as it should do so rather than add anything it just makes the AY work correctly YAAY!! :D

I only mention this because you have the brains that I lack to perhaps look at Eriks emulator and see what's broken in Cesars.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

chernandezba wrote:
Andy Rea wrote:ZEsarUX-4.0 is quite broken :D :D :D :D

regards Andy
3progs.zip
Broken? Where? How can I reproduce the error and with which program?
With the three programs just load them, from tape, 16K only, real video ON, compare with Eightyone.

soundtracker, 32K ( 16k - 48k ) needed, load from tape or zxpand, it make no difference for this, you should have a flashing highlight at the top left, press shift-E ( switch to editor ) then press I/K ( up dpwn ) and U/O ( left right ) to move rows and accross the centre row. you will see that only after a few keypresses odd thing start to happen.
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

Thanks!

I will try it
----

ZEsarUX
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

Tried the three programs, well they all run but yes, some effects seems to be strange. Tried lnctr adjust from the menu but doesn't make any change.
Well I know there's some kind of problem with video display. Zx80/81 is very difficult to emulate the display, it's very sensible to timings. It's a known issue on ZEsarUX
About the tracker... Moved up and down and the only strange thing I saw is the video sync that sometimes appears... But it is not visible if you disable real video
About the first bug , the endless loop after 20 seconds... I haven't tried yet, need more time to test it and it's a bit late here ;)

Cheers
----

ZEsarUX
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

you can do it with an empty song also, so just use the keys I K U O to move the highlught to play song and press newline of course there will ne no sound but the row display should start to scroll and you should see some characters appearing where they should not.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Here is Olofsons latest w32 version of his emulator which I hope he doesn't mind me putting here and for those with the knowledge of these things perhaps something can be learned for their own emulator development,also a link to the emulator which I'll remove if I've been too presumptuous .

http://rullf2.xs4all.nl/sz81/

I have included the three music applications created by Andy Rea along with an example song for the tracker which can then be compiled and finally played with the STC player.

I have set the emulator to 32k and AY ZONX "unreal" output which should be default for use with the tracker and player, with the "unreal" feature unset some AY envelopes may not sound at all.

As far as ZX81 AY emulation goes, for use with the ZX81 tracker at least, this is as near to the old AY8910-SPG chip that you will get in my humble opinion( The Yamaha chip has slightly different envelope steppings and volume outputs so bare this in mind when composing) and when the end result created on your PC is transferred to real kit it sounds exactly as it should do.

All purely opinion on my part and no doubt Yerz will say I'm talking a load of bollocks! :lol:

Thanks again Olofson for all your hard work. :D

Moggy.
Attachments
sz81-win32.rar
(261.38 KiB) Downloaded 237 times