ZX81 emulator for iOS

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
kpalser

Re: ZX81 emulator for iOS

Post by kpalser »

mrtinb wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:04 pm Any explanation for the removal?
Because the game represents simulated gambling and my Apple Developer account is registered to an individual instead of an organisation their rules do not permit it and they rejected updates until it was removed.

I’m not prepared to register a company, then apply to convert the developer account, and finally jump through some hoops to get whatever gambling licenses are required.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

kpalser wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:30 am
mrtinb wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:04 pm Any explanation for the removal?
Because the game represents simulated gambling and my Apple Developer account is registered to an individual instead of an organisation their rules do not permit it and they rejected updates until it was removed.

I’m not prepared to register a company, then apply to convert the developer account, and finally jump through some hoops to get whatever gambling licenses are required.
And I fully support Kevin so that is why it is removed.
Last edited by 1024MAK on Fri May 31, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tidy up error in the quote tags
MOB-i-L

Post by MOB-i-L »

I have some feature requests for iOS ZX81 app v1.13.3:
  1. I have a switch on my ZX81 that inverts the colors, i.e. white becomes black, and vice versa. It would be good to have a similar switch near the screen, because I like dark mode and did so 43 years ago. It also flips colors of the frame. I guess when you use Chroma 81 it could show a negative screen. The switch could flip colors on the fly, i.e. without reset. The circuit for the switch has been published in a pdf by me in this forum.
  2. If you have written a BASIC program in the emulator and want to add user definable characters (UDG) afterwards, then that seems to be impossible, because when you change settings it resets, but if you change settings first and then restore your snapshot, the snapshot will overwrite this setting. This works for the built in programs, because then you get a dialog about keeping the current settings or use the default for the program.
  3. In JtyOne Shift for the onscreen keyboard has three states:
    1. Normal
    2. Shifted, but goes back to unshifted after one key.
    3. Shift Lock.
    You change state by pressing SHIFT. Your caps lock mode could perhaps be changed to this three state mode. Now it is a bit impractical to enter BASIC since you often only want to change shift-status for the next key, but when editing it's useful with shift lock.
  4. Warp mode, i.e. the emulator would go as fast as it can when this is switched on, but perhaps the frame counter should increase in normal rate. This would be good for some programs using long computations. JtyOne can go in 1000%. Warp mode could also be like FAST, but with display.
  5. There is support for exporting a snapshot, but where does it get stored? Is it a p-file? It also hangs for a long time on my iPhone 8+ when exporting.