Page 1 of 1

[Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:43 pm
by XavSnap
Hi,
I plan to update "VB81 XuR", and i had to test the new release.
Enclosed the new "VB81.exe" file.

If something is wrong, or if you want other functionalities, let me know.

"Vb81.exe" Zipped file. (just copy this file in the Vb81's folder)
It's a minor release update:
-AGB joystick added.
-Kempston joystick added.
-TASM: 'db' (data) error fixed.

To do: (Not fixed)
-TASM: " character in the ascii > hang the text generator.

All the best.

Re: [Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am
by Paul
Hello Xavier.
Is there a possibility to run this on macosx? Native/java/wine?
Kind regards Paul

Re: [Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:51 am
by mrtinb
Paul wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am
Hello Xavier.
Is there a possibility to run this on macosx? Native/java/wine?
Kind regards Paul
(I got it working once with all the French DLLs under Wineskin. However it was such a pain I have never upgraded in fear of breaking it.)

Re: [Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:04 am
by XavSnap
Hi,

Yes, this binary file can be launch on "Windows" emulator on OSx, Linux… (It's a Win95 compatible program !)
… Coded on W98, WXP, W7 and now on a W10... without any problems.

But, you had to install (unzip) the main binary file to get 'Datas' (Pictures, roms, database…).
http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/VB81_XuR_EXE.zip
Don't launch the binary, it will give you a Dll error !

Download the Dlls installer:
http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/DskCenter_Dll.zip

Click on the "computer" button…
Capture_install.JPG
Dlls are now installed… and the binaries can be launch.

Unzip the enclosed "Vb81_Xur.exe" in the "VB81_test.zip", and move it in the VB81 folder.

Optional:
Move to the "Vb81_XuR\Zx81_Fonts" folder, and install "Zx81_Riched_V3.3[XavSnap].ttf" and "ZX81_riched.fon" by right clicking on them (install option).

Move to the "Vb81_XuR\Icons" folder, and launch "Setup_Programs_menu_links.js" to add "P" links and Windows icons.
This script may get an error on W10 … !

The next update can be unzipped in the same directory (the binary file, or all zipped files.)
… another Dlls installation isn't required.

Re: [Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 am
by XavSnap
(I got it working once with all the French DLLs under Wineskin. However it was such a pain I have never upgraded in fear of breaking it.)
:lol:
Just replace the "exe" file, in you Vb81 folder, if something's wrong, reinstall the Dlls!
Some uninstallers had to delete the shared Dlls with the binaries.

Most of other emulators are fare better… but, can't code properly without my "IA diassembler", the "Magic screen drawer", the "Labelled TASM" feature, the "Asm easy type-ins", the "Direct Text loader", the SAVE"text.txt" …
It's just the Zx81's tool box.

Capture0.JPG

Many hours to find all inboard functionalities…

Capturex.JPG

Note: I never use it in the full screen mode ! (not available…)

Re: [Vb81] Test release. Bug Report

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:15 pm
by GCHarder
This is a weird bug, see the attached picture. Almost seems like it's corrupting the ROM image somehow.

Regards;

Greg

Re: [Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:00 pm
by XavSnap
:o
True, something's wrong…
Had to have a look to it.

Re: [Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:26 pm
by XavSnap
Ok…
It's due to a bad "text to P" floating point error on the "128" value conversion.
"128" text value is ok in the basic program, but the encoded value "128xxxxxxx" is wrong.

10 LET P=128
20 PRINT P

Will be wrong too.
We had to get the string value to avoid this error :

10 LET P=VAL"128"
20 PRINT P

The value ".5" is corrupt too, and had to be enter in text as =val''128''.

I had to check the text "128" value to the ZX81 floating point code value…
The saved file will be corrupt too… and will bug in EO too.
vb81.jpg
vb81.jpg (8.86 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Re: [Vb81] Test release.

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:27 am
by XavSnap
Hi Greg,

New release available on the http://zx81.vb81.free.fr web site (r.18-08-19).

The text number floating point retrieved, seem to be fixed.
Capturefp4.JPG
:oops:

[EDIT]

Code: Select all

10 LET P=VAL"128"
 20 PRINT P
In this case, on the old release, you had to edit the wrong value (64 instead of 128)…
LIST 10
Shift+1
and New/line to refresh the floating point value in the basic program.
Don't enter the "128" value, just validate the line...
a RUN will display the right value (128!)
[EDIT]

Thanks for the report !

All the best.