EightyOne 1.0a

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Mike

Re: EightyOne 1.0a

Post by Mike »

OK, the mystery is solved :)

EightyOne emulates Zon-X on Ports 0x0f and 0xdf. I've just read the original manual on Simon Holdsworths site, which states that ports 0x0f and 0xcf are used. The program hymne.p actually tries to use ports 0x1f and 0xdf.

All this confusion is probably due to the real hardware using incomplete address decoding and accepting a range of ports. So, does anyone know which range of ports Zon-X actually uses?

Thanks,
Mike
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

[edit - removed post due to answer arriving as it was posted ;)]
Last edited by sirmorris on Fri May 30, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Post by Mike »

sirmoris - see above.

Hymne.p is using different ports to what EO is expecting, but again different to what is in the Zon-X manual... We need to know how Zon-X is incompletely decoded to know what ports to accept.

Mike
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Hi SirMorris + Mike,

Not sure which one of you is doinf which bit now, but i suspect that this will be down to SirMorris, i have Noriced a Different bug in the Disassembly pane, again with (index + d), If you load up QSDEF and break at $4277 the instruction DD 36 EC FF which should be LD (IX + $EC),$FF is not displayed correctly and then is followed with an erroneous $FF RST $38..

Regards Andy

P.S My Brain hurts, trying to do away with memory read and write functions from within my z80 core whilst still preserving the ghosting... using a pointer to a pointer array to a single element of a char array !
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...