Eightyone and Joystick controls.

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Crayon21

Eightyone and Joystick controls.

Post by Crayon21 »

Has development stopped on Eightyone? When will we get proper joystick controls or be able to map to the keyboard? The keyboard option allows you to change controls but never sticks. any ideas?
In Heck, there are two options for perpetual torment:

Eat the Puckerberry and suffer for eternity:
drink nothing but a cocktail of The Last Dab and Mexican Cake blended and served with
habanero slices
:twisted:
kpalser

Re: Eightyone and Joystick controls.

Post by kpalser »

I doubt development will stop any time soon on EightyOne. However, it’s long overdue being ported from Borland Builder to another development environment to future proof ... well, its future. Hopefully when Paul is back online and settled from his move he can tweak it for you.

In the meantime, if you have an iOS / iPadOS device you could give my ZX81 emulator a whirl and see what you think of the definable gamepad option. I’m waiting for Apple to approve my next version with support for the Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard Bluetooth keyboard.
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

kpalser wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:42 pm I doubt development will stop any time soon on EightyOne. However, it’s long overdue being ported from Borland Builder to another development environment to future proof ... well, its future. Hopefully when Paul is back online and settled from his move he can tweak it for you.

In the meantime, if you have an iOS / iPadOS device you could give my ZX81 emulator a whirl and see what you think of the definable gamepad option. I’m waiting for Apple to approve my next version with support for the Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard Bluetooth keyboard.
can you port it to android?

drink nothing but a cocktail of The Last Dab and Mexican Cake blended and served with
habanero slices
kpalser

Post by kpalser »

Crayon21 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 pm can you port it to android?
Whilst I have written a couple native Android apps in the past, my limited free time would be the enemy here. It’s written in a platform technology optimised way to make the best of the Apple interface approach. Hence, it would be a mission to migrate to a solid maintainable Android project.

It short it would need someone focused on the Android development roadmap with a few hundred hundred hours of development time at their disposal to do it justice.
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

I noticed a weird thing. Eightyone has stopped registering Ctrl+P for print on my version. I am using 1.39 at the latest.
Advice?

habanero slices