EightyOne Source

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Moggy

Re: EightyOne Source

Post by Moggy »

stefano wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:45 am Mike,
Thankyou for having shared the EO sources.
You permitted it to evolve.
..it was already close to the perfection, though :D
Yes and grateful thanks to Charlie Robson and Paul Farrow for all their hard work in that evolution, well done lads. :ugeek:
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

MikeW wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:44 pm I guess most people won't remember, but I originally started writing the EightyOne emulator on an old Windows 2000 compaq laptop while in between jobs. When people started asking for the source and because I'd moved to an Apple MacBook it was easier to give them a virtual disk image with everything already configured. They could just boot the image and get coding. I remember sending this image to several people.
Thanks for your wonderful piece of "artwork".
I used the EO extensively as many other developers as well and shortens development significantly. ;)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Moggy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:07 pm Yes and grateful thanks to Charlie Robson and Paul Farrow for all their hard work in that evolution, well done lads. :ugeek:
+1 from me. Including the manual to set up a development surrounding ourselves. Many thanks to that!
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Mclaneinc

Post by Mclaneinc »

I know it's a bit of a bump, but I just wanted to add my thanks to Mike for Eightyone and to offer heartfelt words re the stroke. Apart from the usual stoke related problems, the fact that you could not read must have been so frightening. I hope you keep recovering the affected area's but I realise you never fully recover.

Glad to see you are back programming, and I wish you and your family all the very best.

Paul..