using an emulator

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
oldhand

using an emulator

Post by oldhand »

is it possible to use a pc printer to get a program listing as i would with the old zx81 printer?
sirmorris

Re: using an emulator

Post by sirmorris »

Hello oldhand, welcome aboard.

The simple answer is yes. As usual, the devil is in the detail. Would you care to elaborate on your requirements? :D
oldhand

Post by oldhand »

I am using a pc emulator, emulating a ZX81 and would like to list or Llist the program through a pc printer.
also them emulator will only list one screen a time and I then have to enter another command to kist a differant screen.
As I rmember it I could enter List 1, 1000 or List 1 To 1000 to list a full program with Newline to move onto another screen.

Many thanks for any help being very rusty at the moment as I am starting again all over.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

If it's just the listing you're after, rather than just the experience of doing a listing to the printer (well people get their kicks in many ways...) then you can export the BASIC program as a text file then print it as normal. There are a number of tools available to allow this, such as ZXLIST or indeed my very own ZXTOOL which incorporates the ability to do this.
yerzmyey

Post by yerzmyey »

sirmorris wrote:If it's just the listing you're after, rather than just the experience of doing a listing to the printer (well people get their kicks in many ways...) then you can export the BASIC program as a text file then print it as normal. There are a number of tools available to allow this, such as ZXLIST or indeed my very own ZXTOOL which incorporates the ability to do this.
Hmm. Maybe he cares about original fonts on the listing? :)
I would. ;)
IN NIHILUM REVERTERIS - a big text-adventure game for ZX81: http://tiny.pl/g2m6m
"MONOCHROME" issue 5 - (Spring 2014) free paper/PDF magazine about ZX81: http://tiny.pl/q2m44
ZX81 COMPETITIONS 2007/2009: http://zx81.republika.pl/
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

yerzmyey wrote: Hmm. Maybe he cares about original fonts on the listing? :)
I would. ;)
Well there are font files for ZX81, that's not the problem I think.
oldhand

Post by oldhand »

All i wanted to do is get a full printed listing so I could edit and write on it to change program as needed, the progem zxtool only list from line 2400 and does not convert it to a text file to print a full listing. many thanks for you help also.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Hi,

zxtool lists all the program - I wonder if there is a broken byte in the program file which doesn't prevent running but will prevent listing? Some form of software protection or just a corrupt byte perhaps. I wrote zxtool so I know for sure that it doesn't start listing at arbitrary numbers :lol:

If you care to post the program I will be happy to investigate for you.

Once de-compiled then you can edit and re-compile to a P image with ZXTEXT2P.

Charlie
oldhand

Post by oldhand »

I am running the zxtool through the CMD command should this effect it?
oldhand

Post by oldhand »

this is the prog
Attachments
FootballLeague.A.p
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 186 times