Help remembering a game

General games-related topics
djragas

Help remembering a game

Post by djragas »

There was a game I had on my TS. I don't remember the name of it. But I remember it was a white screen, and a little shadow of a guy would appear for a brief second and then disappear. Then I think you had to find him on the screen. Please help, I've been trying to figure out what this game was for YEARS, lol. Thanks!

DJ.
sirmorris

Re: Help remembering a game

Post by sirmorris »

Reminds me of Ghost Hunt which was remade in 1k/hires by DrBeep.
djragas

Post by djragas »

Ahh! That is the game!!! Wow, thank you so much!!
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

You're welcome :D
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

djragas wrote:There was a game I had on my TS. I don't remember the name of it. But I remember it was a white screen, and a little shadow of a guy would appear for a brief second and then disappear. Then I think you had to find him on the screen. Please help, I've been trying to figure out what this game was for YEARS, lol. Thanks!

DJ.
sirmorris wrote:Reminds me of Ghost Hunt which was remade in 1k/hires by DrBeep.
djragas wrote:Ahh! That is the game!!! Wow, thank you so much!!

Very funny that you are searching for years while the game was released in 2011 unless there is a lowres version of which I am not aware.
(so it wasn't a remake in the first place to set the record clear)
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

No shame in remakes - especially when it's as technically accomplished as yours, Dr Beep!
djragas

Post by djragas »

Dr Beep, not sure if you're being a jerk or not here... But I have indeed been searching for years for this game! If yours is a remake then what's the original version?? Looking at a YouTube video for ghost hunt it looks very similar to the game I'm trying to find, but there are some minor differences. The appearing/disappearing item was not a ghost if I remember correctly it was a man or something. I also don't remember the crosshair cursor moving around the screen. It's a game I played as a kid, back in the early 80s. So yes, I've been searching for YEARS.
rune

Post by rune »

There was a Ghost Hunt written by CP Cullen but that's a PAC Man clone.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

You know what, I think it could have been Sniper from the sinclair 1k games compilation tape 1. That featured a man which appeared then disappeared. You needed to press a number key which mapped to a screen X position. There is a video on YouTube - search for 'ZX81 Sniper'

Also I know Dr. Beep a little and I really don't think that he meant to offend - he is just very direct.

C
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

True I am direct and English is not my native language where with the choice of wrong words you might say something else than intended.

In fact I felt flattered if you were really searching for my game.
The game wasn't based on an existing game. It was purely based on a display tryout what resulted in this game.