Dungeons of Ymir - ZX81

General games-related topics
jonesypeter

Dungeons of Ymir - ZX81

Post by jonesypeter »

Hi,

I'm trying to run this with EightyOne v1.0 (TEST A)

I set the memory to 48K and enable WRX Hi Res. The game loads and gets to the point where you choose a font. Which ever option you choose the emulator then resets.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Peter Jones
West Sussex. UK
sirmorris

Re: Dungeons of Ymir - ZX81

Post by sirmorris »

Howdy. I think this is a 16k game. I don't imagine having extra memory would hurt, but limit it any way. Fred's page states that WRX requires RAM in the 8k region - enable this in the 'advanced' section of the machine hardware setup pages. See how that works for you :D

C
jonesypeter

Post by jonesypeter »

Thanks very much.

Enabling the RAM in the 8k region worked. I did have to set 16K memory before it worked though.

My only problem now is that is crashes if I choose the Gothic font.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Peter
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Hmm, I wouldn't choose the gothic font anyhow. It's quite unreadable. Nice to know what the issue was though. Have you tried the EO build from this forum?
GCHarder

Post by GCHarder »

Here's a snapshot of YMIR with the Gothic font set. The Gothic font set was probably Fred's preferred font as it's more in character with the concept of the game rather than the Tech/Computer font he originally used. EO has problems loading it due to some funky stuff in the listing, mainly line 1. I circumvented that by using GOTO 2 directly. I've loaded the snapshot in EO now with no problems.

Regards;

Greg
Attachments
YMIR Gothic.z81
YMIR Gothic snapshot
(58.45 KiB) Downloaded 801 times