Searching games...

General games-related topics
thibautk

Re: Searching games...

Post by thibautk »

H guys...

For a long long long time, I've been searching for one of my favorite childhood game Rigel published by Ere Informatique.

Could anyone help me to find it for free.

Thanxs.
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

I see the author was Olivier Malinur - https://plus.google.com/+OlivierMalinur/posts

It is described as "a planet exploration game where the space rangers were trying to contain an invasion of bad pirates and protect the population. There was a basic exploration of the planet (it was a 128x128 grid) with ocean, giant amobeae, villages..."

Not one I have heard of before and so I have sent a message to the author to ask if he has any copies which could be preserved
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

Rigel's Revenge for ZX Spectrum - a sequel? :?:
Also found this thread where it seems original author posted as "Makandal". But dunno if user is still active on that forum...

Kudoz to RWAP for digging up full name of original author. FWIW, I think you'll have a hard time locating a copy of ZX81 version. If one exists @ this point. :?
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

I have spoken to the author - unfortunately, he does not have any copies of his games.

Rigel was also translated into German - there must be copies out there somewhere....

The author also wrote Argolath for the ZX81 which was published by another French software house (Loriciels).

That too also appears to be missing in action

As for Rigel's Revenge - there is a suggestion on the internet that there may have also been a ZX81 version of that!
solaris104

Post by solaris104 »

Do you know this game? It could be a game traslated to Czech language or native Czech game.
Attachments
ZX81_hra.jpg
ZX81_hra.jpg (33.14 KiB) Viewed 3053 times