Games wrote in Basic

General games-related topics
scarrabri

Games wrote in Basic

Post by scarrabri »

Hi is there any small easy games written in Basic that I could try in my recently acquired zx81 because I would love to have a go at inputting a game even a easy one , my zx81 has the chroma fitted with extra ram Brian.
zx81jens

Re: Games wrote in Basic

Post by zx81jens »

I wrote a small Game in 2007 - it was called RETROBLASTER. But it was not very fast, so it was too easy.

The Plot: 10 Humans were taken by Aliens. You are the Pilot of a captured Spaceship and followed them to there Planet. The Humans got free and run across a field, but if they reach the door, they are dying (beacause the Aliens are behind that door). You can beam them up, but you have only three Beams per Person. Move the Ship with 5 and 8 - Zero is the Beam...

Andre speed the Game up and renamed it to BEAMER- fantastic work!

So here is the first Version from myself (I am not a good programmer):
retrobl.p
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
And here is the new and fast Version:
beamer.p
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
So have fun :)

Greetings
Jens
eyerything will be okay in the end.
if it´s not okay, it´s not the end.

and: uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝ ɹǝʌǝu ןןıʍ ı
scarrabri

Post by scarrabri »

zx81jens wrote:I wrote a small Game in 2007 - it was called RETROBLASTER. But it was not very fast, so it was too easy.

The Plot: 10 Humans were taken by Aliens. You are the Pilot of a captured Spaceship and followed them to there Planet. The Humans got free and run across a field, but if they reach the door, they are dying (beacause the Aliens are behind that door). You can beam them up, but you have only three Beams per Person. Move the Ship with 5 and 8 - Zero is the Beam...

Andre speed the Game up and renamed it to BEAMER- fantastic work!

So here is the first Version from myself (I am not a good programmer):
retrobl.p
And here is the new and fast Version:
beamer.p
So have fun :)

Greetings
Jens
Hi thank you so very much but I have no way of actually getting files into my zx81 apart from writing a program game in basic ,I know I can use the chroma to pass files from my pc to the zx81 but I have not learnt how to do that yet so I thought it would be easy for me to use basic.Brian
swensont

Post by swensont »

For short type-in games, a number of past issues of Sinclair User are available from the Internet Archive. There should be some in the early issues.

https://archive.org/details/sinclair-user-magazine
scarrabri

Post by scarrabri »

swensont wrote:For short type-in games, a number of past issues of Sinclair User are available from the Internet Archive. There should be some in the early issues.

https://archive.org/details/sinclair-user-magazine

Very grateful to you best wishes Brian. :) :) :)
stefano

Post by stefano »

Can't tell why but the "alien ship" idea rescuing humans is funny and graphically understandable.
And the old school code tricks make it look so old-fashioned... is "SQR SQR SQR 1" a pause ? :)