"Saturday Night"

General games-related topics
TMAOne

"Saturday Night"

Post by TMAOne »

I've debated posting this file for some time, because frankly it is an amateur attempt at programming, contains borrowed code, is not politically correct, and, well,... is downright rude. Viewer discretion is strongly advised and all that jazz. You've been warned.

The program is called "Saturday Night" and is a text adventure with a twist. Instead of the traditional dungeon, you are navigating a sleazy bar, trying to get laid.

It was written when I had just entered college, (for computer programming--thanks ZX81!), and is intended for a large group in a party atmosphere. I was one of only a couple of "mature students" who had their own apartment, so it was somewhat natural that it was my lease that suffered duress every weekend.

Be kind. It was my first program of any significance. Oh, and don't RUN the program--there are variables that were set up with an input routine that was subsequently deleted.

Enjoy.
Ian

SATURDAY.P
(12.14 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
XavSnap

Re: "Saturday Night"

Post by XavSnap »

I WAS a sex-symbol!
:oops:
"Saturday Night" picture
"Saturday Night" picture
picture1.jpg (81.25 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
TMAOne

Re: "Saturday Night"

Post by TMAOne »

Ha-ha. Yeah, it's designed to take you down a tongue-in-cheek peg or two. Those 3 screens are pretty common, but the Gods of Random will hand you different chapters according to your luck and persistence.

That one college party almost got me kicked out of my apartment. This one girl was reading each screen aloud at the top of her voice amid the laughter from the rest of the crew. There were complaints. :lol: