3D Skeleton Maze Game

General games-related topics
Bukster

3D Skeleton Maze Game

Post by Bukster »

I've been working on a 3D game using the same maze design as 3D Monster Maze. I didn't steal any actual code from 3D Monster Maze. I just used screenshots to work out the maze dimensions. No point in reinventing the wheel.

This games had nods to both 3D Monster Maze and Mazogs with things like the 'Footsteps Approaching" message and the "This Way" when you use a magic spell to find the exit (which is a replication of 3D Monster Mazes). This is also inspired by one of my favourite 80s games for my old Atari ST, Dungeon Master. You've got level ups that give character points to increase your skills. You can buy and sell potions/armor on the inventory screen.

The mazes are randomly generated and you can select three different sizes. You can also redefine the keys and select to play as a warrior or a mage where you have more strength or magic points to start off with.

The game runs in colour with a Chroma interface but will also work on standard hardware. Here are a few screenshots and the game. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any ideas to improve it.
Skeleton_Maze1.jpg
Skeleton_Maze1.jpg (11.4 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
A fearsome skeleton warrior
Skeleton_Maze2.jpg
Skeleton_Maze2.jpg (9.68 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
The defeated skeleton disappears in a shower of sparks
Skeleton_Maze5.jpg
Skeleton_Maze5.jpg (9.52 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Skeletons drop gold but you can find treasures at the end of some cul-de-sac so look around to improve your survival odds
Skeleton_Maze7.jpg
Skeleton_Maze7.jpg (12.82 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Here's that familiar looking exit.
3D Skeleton Maze 211120.p
(15.83 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
And here's the game!

<edit> I found a small bug and have reuploaded the file. The original game would crash if you played it for long enough. You won't notice unless you play for a very long time. I knew it had to be a stack build up and sure enough it was.

Here's a link to download an MP3 for a real ZX81

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rrtpedorl ... e.mp3/file