The comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Competition 2021: 25th edition extravaganza!

General games-related topics
mrtinb

Re: The comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Competition 2021: 25th edition extravaganza!

Post by mrtinb »

Is that the first Lambda Game release in 30 years? :-D
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
TMD2003

Re: The comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Competition 2021: 25th edition extravaganza!

Post by TMD2003 »

Wait, what? There I was thinking that was monochrome Spectrum graphics.

If this really is for the Lambda, Mark... crack on! I want this one for this year! And who knows, I might have a go at one myself next year, because yet again I'm going to have a lot of time to myself...

EDIT: Crikey! A couple of minutes with EightyOne confirmed it. Those are the in-built Lambda graphics. WANT! MUSH!

(I also want a user manual, such as the one I've just found. This warrants much further investigation.)

EDIT AGAIN: Never forget: NOBEEP!
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

I've seen the user manual for Lambda 8300 in Danish, English, German and Chinese.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

What dividends there have been for aficionados of the ZX81. I wanted to break the record for the number of entries this year. Never mind that, I've doubled it. That's right, the first submission after the initial deadline - and I remind you all there will be no extensions beyond 17th December - is the fourteenth for the ZX81.

Salvador Camacho is bowing out for the year. Highway Robbery 2021, a 16K ZX81 C-then-Z88DK port of a 1984 1K type-in (figure that out!), is his last entry. Next year's host - brush up on your ZX81 skills if you haven't already, because I know he still has more in the pipeline.

Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

END OF WEEK 48:

Two weeks to go! As the competition runs into its final phase, the entries have started to come flooding in...

(1) Earlier this week there was Salvador Camacho's Highway Robbery 2021, which brought the total of ZX81 entries up to 14.

(2) Hot off the press: Dave Hughes has taken a break from editing this year's WOOT! to throw together a game involving a frog and a fish, and no dogs, which he nevertheless titled Dogspawn. I suspect it's compiled BASIC and would have fit into the 16K Spectrum that way, but if I'm right, the compiler's shoved the code to a point where it'll only work on 48K machines.

(3) Since Dogspawn hit my email inbox this morning, I have had three further entries, which will be reviewed over the weekend - though in the case of two of them, don't get too excited. None of them are for the ZX81 or ZX80, so you'll be waiting your turn until next week to see those.
Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

i know i said i had a final submission done but I want to enter this for the Yellow challenge
It works on 16k. I've been away for a while but I hope it's crappy enough for you. I have no expectations of it being any more than a passing glance
Attachments
Lunacy.tzx
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by Crayon21 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Heck, there are two options for perpetual torment:

Eat the Puckerberry and suffer for eternity:
drink nothing but a cocktail of The Last Dab and Mexican Cake blended and served with
habanero slices
:twisted:
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

{some of this post does not exist}

END OF WEEK 49:

One more week to go! Just one more week and I can go home and hand the keys to CSSCGC towers to someone else! And as is befitting a last-minute flurry, this week has five new entries, albeit that three of them are practically identical.

"Firelord" is responsible for the three clones, all of which will run on the 16K Spectrum:
#51: Find Santa
#52: Find Easter Bunny
#54: Find The Book

Meanwhile, Titanius Angelsmith probed around in LOGO, mounted on top of a 48K Spectrum, so I allowed Seven/Eleven (#53) to qualify for the White Challenge.

The fifth entry this week is a new one today - Andy Jenkinson's fifth of the year and (presumably) final entry until, likely as not, 2023 - for reasons which are already obvious to him, and everyone else who's been monitoring this thread. In A very basic CHR$mas NOT IF e.t. (yes, that's its real name) some old men deliver some wildly expensive gifts to a small baby somewhere in the Middle East, but being as old as they are and probably losing their marbles, they've forgotten to bring the gifts and you have to sort that out.

Seven days to go, and the competition finishes when timeanddate.com shows 23:58 in London on 17th December. This differs from my PC clock by a mere two seconds, so I've always got it in front of me. Those of you in a different time zone, especially those of you on the other side of the Atlantic, remember to account for this!
Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

{this post does not exist}
Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

It will take me years to master the 81. I'm not like other people, things that are easy for you, are difficult for me. I'm not saying i'm special needs but I do have issues with programming. Regardless, I get your animosity towards me and I apologize for my low quality programs. They were the best i could do. If we were using the Commodore 128 or Plus 4, I would have better programs to give but alas, my skill is sub par. This is the last submission I am willing to make.

I clearly don't understand this computer and i'm tired of trying to. so, i'll step back from the forums for a while and try to get to grips with it.

Merry #$%%^ christmas

:(
Attachments
This program sucks.tzx
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
In Heck, there are two options for perpetual torment:

Eat the Puckerberry and suffer for eternity:
drink nothing but a cocktail of The Last Dab and Mexican Cake blended and served with
habanero slices
:twisted:
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I have to say I have noticed a certain air of mean spiritedness and downright rudeness towards Crayon21.
Last edited by Moggy on Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.