The comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Competition 2021: 25th edition extravaganza!

General games-related topics
Crayon21

Re: The comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Competition 2021: 25th edition extravaganza!

Post by Crayon21 »

I don't know enough programming to get characters to move using 5 and 8 so i stick to text adventures or the like. I appreciate being compared to the guys nephew, it shows that i'm improving at least.

Waiting for the review :D
In Heck, there are two options for perpetual torment:

Eat the Puckerberry and suffer for eternity:
drink nothing but a cocktail of The Last Dab and Mexican Cake blended and served with
habanero slices
:twisted:
TMD2003

Re: The comp.sys.sinclair Crap Games Competition 2021: 25th edition extravaganza!

Post by TMD2003 »

{some of this post does not exist}

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Salvador Camacho's sixth contribution for this year - and fifth for the ZX81 - is Fall Palo T, a Green Challenge demake - if you can call it that - of Dr BEEP's Nohzdyve for the 1K ZX81 with hi-res (which is in turn a demake of a Spectrum game from an episode of Black Mirror). Yes, you heard me correctly: a 16K ZX81 game is a demake of a 1K ZX81 game! Work that one out!

Salvador's CSSCGC entry:

Dr BEEP's version:

See what I mean?
Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

I have no idea how to get on screen movement smoothly so I had to resort to print at.

any help would be appreciated

drink nothing but a cocktail of The Last Dab and Mexican Cake blended and served with
habanero slices
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi Crayon,

I can help you Crayon.

Someone put a little Basic sample here : viewtopic.php?p=44847#p44847
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

AND ALSO, the target of 50 games has NOT been reached yet at this point...
Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

this is my FINAL submission. It works without any errors. My original plan was to cram it into 1k but i used 16k instead. It is by no means finished but I wanted to be sent off on a good note.

The reason for the Input a$ command with the map screen is because i couldn't get it to pause correctly.

I am sure you will something to nitpick about it but, until then, goodbye
Attachments
adventure (fixed).p
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

habanero slices
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

END OF WEEK 45:

It's all been put into sharp perspective. When I'm posting these weekly round-ups, I start at Spectrum Computing, move onto World of Spectrum, then here, then the QL Forum, unless I've had a QL submission in which case I'll go there before here. Opening the SC forum, I was greeted with a topic titled "RIP Daren Pearcy". He ran the RZX Archive, which has been actively updated for 19 years, and has been one of the pillars of the Spectrum scene for all that time and more. I've made enough contributions to that site in the past, and I've met him in person, so it hurts. I have had to update the CSSCGC RZX in a way I really didn't want.

In short, this week, there were three entries, all for the 16K ZX81. Salvador Camacho's Fall Palo T was a successful demake of Nohzdyve from the interactive Black Mirror episode, Bandersnatch
...and, retrospectively, that was it.

It's been a very hard kick somewhere that it really hurts, but come hell or high water, I will finish this competition. And I will nightly pray to the gods that I have never believed in that I can have just two more months on this planet, two measly months, to close the competition, award the awards, get the world's most dubious prizes sent out to their winners and fulfill all my responsibilities as the guardian of a Sinclair tradition that's a quarter of a century old.
Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Elsewhere on Sinclair ZX World, Crayon is attempting to make other "games" outside the remit of the CSSCGC, and I'm leaving that to others to put him on the right track. "Line 45... OMG, WTF! RTFM!" said XavSnap, who is French - so, obviously, English isn't his first language - but if he is the one who decided to take on the job of patent tuition so that Crayon may be able to perform simple tasks, so be it. I wish him la plus bonne chance. He'll need it.
https://www.rickdangerous.co.uk/csscgc2 ... ew051.html
:lol:
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

On the upside, I've given the Links page a wash and brush up - knowing that I had to change the text for the RZX Archive, I've removed QLAY and added QPC2 and SpecEmu, which are much more useful in their own way.
Last edited by TMD2003 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

Just heard about Daren, you have my sympathies. I will pray for his family. I trust you are well

habanero slices