SHROOMS - New 16K ZX81 game

General games-related topics
bru65pag

Re: SHROOMS - New 16K ZX81 game

Post by bru65pag »

I was a bit worried after 'Bob's 8 bit blog' went silent... I'm glad to see that BOB IS BACK :-)
@Bob, in the spirit of the 8-bit blog you started some years ago, would you consider publishing the source code of your game with some explanation? That would probably be the best way I could learn from a master Z80 programmer.
In any case, congrats, and looking forward to the next game.
bobs

Post by bobs »

bru65pag wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:43 pm I was a bit worried after 'Bob's 8 bit blog' went silent... I'm glad to see that BOB IS BACK :-)
@Bob, in the spirit of the 8-bit blog you started some years ago, would you consider publishing the source code of your game with some explanation? That would probably be the best way I could learn from a master Z80 programmer.
In any case, congrats, and looking forward to the next game.
My output has been somewhat light of late, but doing two ZX81 games last year was pretty good - Steps is a great game.

Eek! You wouldn’t want to see the source to Shrooms - it was written on and off over a number of years, and so is really quite a mess as I kept forgetting how it worked.

Melkhior’s is next - that’s another multi-year development which needs finishing, so long as my ageing laptop holds out!
Bukster

Post by Bukster »

Looks like another great effort. I'll try it out shortly. Thanks for all your hard work.