Z-ZEE (Awfully Similar to Yahtzee)

General games-related topics
sanello

Re: Z-ZEE (Awfully Similar to Yahtzee)

Post by sanello »

@Xavsnap

The bonus not letting you choose a wildcard score involves you thinking there was a bug in one of the previous posts you made having to do with a goto instead of a return. I'll explain the logic I had later and work to fix it. It is time to spend time with the wife and then off to bed here, though.
-sanello
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

"A GOSUB without a RETURN, is not logical !"
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
sanello

Post by sanello »

There was a conditional return. Line 4035 original code. Else, break out of the sub routine.
-sanello
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

The grey transition for the dice roll is very nice as for the lock in y/n I personally am keeping that as I'm clumsy and need to see if my choice is correct. :lol:
Sadly I don't have the skills to help with programming but happy to test all the same.

Today I managed to get double Yahtzee and noticed the wildcard choice missing.

This is getting better all the time and I'm finding the game very addictive. :D
Last edited by Moggy on Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

XavSnap wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:36 am mom needs shoes!

Cap0005.jpg
NEEDS SHOES!?

You could buy the whole bloody wardrobe with that score (CHEAT!! :evil: )
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

@Senello

I have been playing your version all afternoon and have to say I really enjoyed it.
I have decided to keep the change you made to "lock in Y/N" as I'm now finding it much better as you suggested and yes the dice roll does look good.
I have added a FAST command for the score routine and using the double speed ROM each score only takes 2 seconds to work out.

The scoring is working and all it needs now is the wildcard fixing and I would say this is complete.

It looks really nice in inverse display mode and using the double speed ROM on real ZX81 makes this game play as fast as if it was written in machine code. :D
sanello

Post by sanello »

I have what I really really hope is the final version.

1.) The problem with CHANCE not scoring if it was the last choice was that I made it variable S(12) and @XAVSNAP made it be S(7). I calculated when all the fields were filled I had SUM be S(7) so I skipped it. The code remained skipped in @XAVSNAP's version. Totally understandable and probably why some of the scoring was off in some of the previous versions.

B.) The wild card scoring with a double Y̶a̶h̶t̶z̶e̶e̶ Z-ZEE is back jack! AND NO BROKEN GOSUB!

Γ.) Added PLAY AGAIN? Yes it is unnecessary but why not.

(why it might not be done done)
Thinking about building upon the choose 6 for all by adding a choice 7 or 0 for none if I can think of a way to make it look nice. It would be handy if you change your mind and want to start over.
Also, thinking about adding a multi player choice and have it say have your partners load Z-Zee on their Z81 and have each player take turns rolling dice on their own machine. Makes me laugh.
Z-ZEEv2.1.P
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Z-ZEEv2.1.zip
(270.3 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
-sanello
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

2 lines needed correcting as the scores were not cleared after "play again" = yes.
CLEAR just clears the variables not the screen and RUN will do that rather than GOTO 1

Code: Select all

3270 CLEAR
3280 GOTO 1 

3270 CLS
3280 RUN
sanello

Post by sanello »

Whomever the 1 person is that downloaded from my last post before 07:30/2022 8:32pm Eastern Time, you'll want to do it again. I accidentally used the CLEAR command instead of CLS before starting a new game. Sorry about that.
-sanello
sanello

Post by sanello »

@Moggy

Glad it was our resident tester!
-sanello