"Fast Display" May 1983 issue of Sinclair Programs

Anything Sinclair ZX Basic related; history, development, tips - differences between BASIC on the ZX80 and ZX81
brutfood@yahoo.com

"Fast Display" May 1983 issue of Sinclair Programs

Post by brutfood@yahoo.com »

I'm looking for some stuff I had published in UK computer magazines between 1981 and 1983.

Does anyone have the May 1983 issue of Sinclair Programs?

I had a Z80 machine code utility/basic demo titled "Fast Display" published there. I'd just like someone to send me a scanned file of the page, that's all. It'll be by "Daniel Freeman of Ramsgate, Kent".

I had other programs published too that I'm looking for in other magazines. Wireframe 3D graphics things. I remember I had a 3D graph plotting program (for RML 380Z, In Practical Computing. I think). Render a sinusoidal equation in x and y as an orthographic view.

And a 3D goblet drawing program (for ACT Sirius? / Sharp MZ80K? - In Personal Computer World ?). A set of coordinates define the goblet, and you spin them around an axis using a lathe technique to obtain the 3D shape.

I think these were 1983 too. But possibly back in 1982 or 81. It's a long time ago, so my memory is hazy. I was still at school back then. They were published with screen shots of the results produced, so they should be easy to spot just by flicking through.
RWAP

Re: "Fast Display" May 1983 issue of Sinclair Programs

Post by RWAP »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

At last a real pioneer of the day !! I got my ZX81 in 1982 (whilst I was also at school), but never had any programs printed for it.

I have checked and unfortunately do not have any issues of Sinclair Programs pre December 1983.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I don't know if you value that issue at £12, but retrogames has one:

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/more/on/details/012848

C
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I think what You seek is here... :D

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sincl ... 305/Pages/

Not for sale obviously but at least You can print it off.

Practical computing here...

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines/

Regards Moggy
brutfood@yahoo.com

Post by brutfood@yahoo.com »

Thanks Moggy!

I got my "Fast Display" article. It was on page 20.

They only had two issues of Practical Computing. Neither was mine. The cover of December 1983 looks familiar - it MAY have been published in that (or perhaps I just remember that cover).

I don't know the date my PCW program was published.

But if anyone comes across them, on an online archive, let me know!