ZXmore - infos & updates

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Paul

Re: ZXmore - infos & updates

Post by Paul »

jegs2 wrote:Dang, I drop off the grid for a year or so ... and somebody develops LAN hardware for the ZX-81?

Cool! Have a ZXspand ... will this new gizmo work in conjunction with it on my T/S 1500?
Sorry. This seems off topic here. For further discussion in this topic I answered it where it belongs to.
Please follow
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1771&p=20729#p20729
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

I've been out of the forum for some time with a new house purchase and recently a new job but I'm back to get into ZX81 projects again time permitting. I see this new ZXmore (and ZXmaster firmware(?)). How can I purchase one? Is it sold only in a kit or do I have to find the components myself? I would like to get one already completed if possible. Let me know the details. I live in the US (Chicago area). I currently have a ZXpand, AY card, an IRC board (cant remember the name) and other misc ZX81/TS1000 stuff including 2 TS1000 with video modifications circuits.

Thanks!

Tim Gilmore
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Hi Tim,

ZXmore is still available but some hardware modifications made for the new release which I have to proof. Hope to do next week, I already have the PCB boards here since a few weeks but did not find the time to build one up to see if everything is working as expected. Will sell as kit with all parts and completed as well on buyers choice. So stay tuned and look here next around in the next weeks, will post more details asap.

And I hope you will do some home automation with this small 8 bit friend. :mrgreen:

Karl
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Karl,

I'm so happy to hear it is still being developed. This is such an amazing concept and product! I will continue to follow the forum about this and other posts. I will definitely want a assembled/tested version when available (but would take a kit as a 2nd choice). I'll come up with some neat ideas for this once I get the hang of using all the bells and whistles. Keep up the great work!

Thanks - Tim
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Karl - Any updates on ZX More? I would love to get one before Christmas.

Tim
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Hi Tim,
unfortunately had a bereavement in my narrow circle of friends two weeks ago which took me a bit down but now I am preparing the ZXblast to get out and after the ZXmore. I am sorry for the delay - hopefully it could arrive before christmas. Would be very nice, I know. If no big problems it should be ready to be shipped somewhen next weekend.
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

I'm just checking in to see any additional progress being made on ZXmore and when it might be available for purchase.

Tim
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Any new status on the ZXmore assembled units for sale? (or kits if I have to).
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Still not yet - I am running out of time these days or weeks ...
I will try my best. :?
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

It's ok. I'm just following up as I hadn't been to the site in a while and wanted to make sure I didn't miss out. I'll try to follow your updates closer and other posts of interest.

Thanks for the update!

Tim