compilable simple examples for Pasmo

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
nitrofurano

compilable simple examples for Pasmo

Post by nitrofurano »

hi! where can we find some compilable simple assembly examples for Pasmo? (from “Hello World” to more “complex” things, progressively)
btw, i’m a GNU/Linux user, and SZ81 is the main emulator i use - and thanks in advance!
palmheads

Re: compilable simple examples for Pasmo

Post by palmheads »

Hi

I had a go getting "Hello World" working with firstly "Mastering Machine Code on the ZX81" book, then pasmo, then ZX Assember 2.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1050

Might give you a starting point

cheers
Daryn
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

+1 mastering machine code

There is a brilliant re-mastering of the book (including bug fixes) online here.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

sirmorris wrote:+1 mastering machine code

There is a brilliant re-mastering of the book (including bug fixes) online here.
I helped Thurnor with some of the incorrect calculator addresses, which he graciously acknowledged in the addendum of the arithmetic chapter, although the one byte raising of powers instruction is still omitted leaving instead the original clumsy routine and some of the maths stuff is still buggy. The altered forward by Tim Hartnell, the omitted original authors hint that he was about to become she, plus the altered code used in the farewell program at the end of the book the author gender-changed to print out Toni instead of the original Tony means this transcription is based on the second edition of the book.

I think the brilliance of Thurnors transcription is that he didn't just make corrections he actually just struck them out whilst placing the corrections side by side thus allowing comparison with the original work which I think is important for those who would like to compare the two but do not have access the said original work.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

There was a great thread HERE which you might look at.

IIRC there were some problems with attachments at one point in the site's history so speak up if any of the links are bustificated.

C