1K Real Chess for ZX80

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Moggy

Re: 1K Real Chess for ZX80

Post by Moggy »

Hi Stefano.

This game.

ZX80 black 35ply making all its own moves V ZX81 ZXchess2. level 0.
ZX80 was beaten in 19 moves.

The next game I will play ZX80 black again but I will play some of its opening moves then let the logic take over as you requested then you can compare the two games.
Attachments
zx80black35ply.zip
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Hi Stefano.

Game 2

ZX80 black 35ply V ZX81 Zxchess 2 level 0 white.

The ZX81 used the Ruy Lopez opening which I followed with black until the ZX81's final opening bishop move of F1-B5, (using the ZX81 notation.)

After this move I let the ZX80 black logic take over.

The ZX81 mated in 59 moves which should have been a lot sooner but I have been told by other people that ZXchess 2 plays a very weak endgame.

the ZX80 was the first to promote to a Queen which the ZX81 should never have allowed if it had played a stronger game and only won the match after 2 Queen promotion and should have won much sooner.

I have to say the black logic using 35 ply seems a lot stronger than the 4 ply game and if some simple opening gambit could be introduced then mate in 19 moves like the last game is not a certainty.

A very enjoyable test which I'm happy to continue. :D

Regards.

Moggy.
Attachments
game 2.zip
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
marste

Post by marste »

Indeed very interesting games... especially the last one! :)
I think that if I'll be able to put just a bit more playing logic super micro might win these matches...
Let's see: I do not want in any case to use more than 1k... everything should fit there!
As usual I made the pgns attached...

Personally I would stop testing here to keep energies for the next version: today I did a big code restructuring hoping to open door to more playing logic... anyway still not completed (and not sure to be able to have a first working version tomorrow)...

In the meantime thank you again and happy chess!!
:D
Attachments
test-z80-F35-debug-n06.pgn.txt
(915 Bytes) Downloaded 199 times
test-z80-F35-debug-n05.pgn.txt
(404 Bytes) Downloaded 219 times