ZXpand+ manual now online

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Paul

Re: ZXpand+ manual now online

Post by Paul »

siggi wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:32 pm So a non-encrypted pure(*) HTML-file, which could be read by ZeddyFox, would be the better solution :mrgreen:

Siggi

(*): no Java, Java script and other embedded nonsense. Except BASIC-programs :mrgreen:
That's the spirit I'm searching for. Now CAN GitHub have such a plain non encrypted page?

If so, I could register and start a github wiki for the zeddynet interface ;)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Paul wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:44 pm Well, I have some documents from your team (not that much bigger i suppose) that are outdated and were never updated although new versions are available. :mrgreen:
How do you know they are outdated if you don't have already the new ones ? :mrgreen:
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Top work Mr.C many thanks indeed.

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

Sirmorris: I am a GH user, and will upload the demo programs as they mature a bit more. Still too rough around the edges in my opinion. But I do think that some of the code could be good to use as examples of usage. Hm, have to think hard about when to release the creatures to the wild...
/Adam
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Thanks Adam, if you mail me your username I can add you to the repo.

Actually there's something here you might like to look at ;)

I have documented a little feature that was requested a way back, and has since proved to be quite useful. It is a little bit of a hack :roll: but not so much so that I'm ashamed :lol:

I wonder Karl if you might support it in your IDE? That would be really something..!
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

sirmorris wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 pm I wonder Karl if you might support it in your IDE? That would be really something..!
I am unsure what exactly should be supported. Do you have additional BASIC commands to be known ? I would of course spend some time to support it if you can name what you are exactly missing ... ;)

By the way I could update the emulatorEightyOne but due to it's size it is only partly packed in the zip and is recommended to install the latest version in the emulator directory manually (directories ROM and DISKS I think).
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

There is now a way to transmit a P file to the ZXpand via serial connection. I have written a console application which serves the data, this would need to be run once the P file had been generated. :ugeek:
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

HMMM
Serial output through the doo-daa port.
Time for me to butcher a DIN plugged lead methinks. :lol:
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

sirmorris wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 am There is now a way to transmit a P file to the ZXpand via serial connection. I have written a console application which serves the data, this would need to be run once the P file had been generated. :ugeek:
Maybe I just start a batch file with .p Filename as parameter - this way the program can be started and changed for other purposes or more tools to execute in a desired order ...

And didn't I read about a ZXPAND universal command ? Isn't this called inside a BASIC program ? Maybe not bad to integrate this. What code (sequence) is used for ZXPAND instruction ?
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

sirmorris wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 pm Thanks Adam, if you mail me your username I can add you to the repo.

Actually there's something here you might like to look at ;)

I have documented a little feature that was requested a way back, and has since proved to be quite useful. It is a little bit of a hack :roll: but not so much so that I'm ashamed :lol:

I wonder Karl if you might support it in your IDE? That would be really something..!
That Mr C is genius... why were you not doing this is the early 80's

i'm getting a little excited... maybe it's my mojo tingling again :D
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...