Hires on a ZX80

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Post Reply
dr beep
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am
Location: Boxmeer

Hires on a ZX80

Post by dr beep » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Can anybody test this on real hardware?
Seemes to work on EO, but how on real hardware?
hires1st.png
Source:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v4ukudbr ... 1st.o/file

dr beep
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am
Location: Boxmeer

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by dr beep » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:32 pm

A ghost is added after each keypress.

HR_ghost.png

dr beep
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am
Location: Boxmeer

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by dr beep » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:09 pm

This flickerfree demo is a better test on a real ZX80.
base05.o
(286 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times

dr beep
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am
Location: Boxmeer

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by dr beep » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:22 pm


User avatar
1024MAK
Posts: 2315
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 am
Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by 1024MAK » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:20 pm

How much RAM does your program need?
1K?
4K?
16K?

Mark

Moggy
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by Moggy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Tried this on real ZX80 wth ZXpand and the result was pretty poor to be honest.

Also there is a pseudo-high-res demo out there for the 80 which I have attached just in case you missed it,which may be of some use.
It was created by nollkolltroll and the relevant thread can be found here..

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2707
Attachments
met.o
(13.93 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
100_1871.JPG

dr beep
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am
Location: Boxmeer

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by dr beep » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:17 pm

1024MAK wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:20 pm
How much RAM does your program need?
1K?
4K?
16K?

Mark
Screen is set at #6000
So it is 16K for the test.

dr beep
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am
Location: Boxmeer

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by dr beep » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Moggy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 pm
Tried this on real ZX80 wth ZXpand and the result was pretty poor to be honest.

Also there is a pseudo-high-res demo out there for the 80 which I have attached just in case you missed it,which may be of some use.
It was created by nollkolltroll and the relevant thread can be found here..

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2707
Perhaps the flickerfreedisplay is an issue.
This version has flicker and when started will not change as long no key is pressed.
Would this give a better screen?
base-FL.o
(301 Bytes) Downloaded 8 times

Moggy
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by Moggy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 pm

Same picture,no different than before. :(

dr beep
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am
Location: Boxmeer

Re: Hires on a ZX80

Post by dr beep » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Moggy wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 pm
Same picture,no different than before. :(
Ok....
I have an idea to fool the hardware. At the cost of 10 columns per row...
Back to the coding that is. And I will make it 1K for testing purpose. Can be extend to a full screen when working.

Post Reply