8K Adventure ported to the ZX-81?

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
gus

Re: 8K Adventure ported to the ZX-81?

Post by gus »

Hi Paul,
I just send to you a new fixed version, please try it, and let me know if now it's working fine.
I do test the USE BED (for example) problem and of course the cause of the error is that I forgot to add the fixed lines :) so the N value zero generate a "Out of Bound Error" on the L array :) :) :)
Now the scroll problem: I just forgot to include the Scroll Call on the Action EXAMINE :)
Thanks
Gus

P.S. I also include the new version here, but until Paul check it, please "Use it under your own risk" :)
Attachments
adv8k.zip
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

Hey gus,

It looks good, except for one thing:

In the clearing, it says I can go south into the forest. But when I type "s" to go south, it says "cannot go that way".

???

I checked in the program lines 1400-1427 and it occurs in Room 7. North of room 7 is room 6, and south is room 10. It cannot seem to get to 10, even though M$(7) has 10 for south.

Paul
gus

Post by gus »

Hi Paul,

Well this is just a BUG on the conversion, I do change the Movements number matrix to a string array so this can fit on the zx81 16 Kbytes memory :) :) but I do forgot to change one condition in order to evaluate the locations with 2 digits... that caused that you can't go to any location wich number is greater that 9 :)
It's fixed now.

Gus
Attachments
adv8k.zip
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Too Dark.GIF
The error is not Too Dark :)
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 1191 times
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

Thanks a million gus! It now works as played! Congrats!

I put it up on my page here:

http://www.geocities.com/dunric/index.html

(scroll down about 3/4th of the way to download)

Paul
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

Hey gus,

In the latest release, playwise, everything looked fine. But I noticed that some of the text in the room descriptions gets cut off a bit in some locations (in particular the castle). If you could correct this small grammatical errors I would be much appreciated. :)

Paul
gus

Post by gus »

Paul Panks wrote:Hey gus,

In the latest release, playwise, everything looked fine. But I noticed that some of the text in the room descriptions gets cut off a bit in some locations (in particular the castle). If you could correct this small grammatical errors I would be much appreciated. :)

Paul
Hi Paul,
Of course I want and I will do the corrections. Let's do something, because I belive that the grammatical errors comes from my changes where we can't use apostrophes ('), so if you can review all the texts in the listing maybe you can tell me all the places where I do mistakes and then I can correct all in one shot
You know I have a very, very poor english :) but you can bet on it: my BASIC is better that my english :) :) :)
Thanks and I apologize for the grammatical errors
Gus
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Paul Panks wrote:I thought Andre*** abandoned it due to an out of memory error?

Paul
Perhaps, but his code can be optimized !!!
:D :D :D

The A$ can be deleted and saved in the VARS in the final release...

Oppps!
... Yes, i have finished the quest on his release!
André*** will join us as soon as ... Juste a web explorer fealure.

Have Fun !
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I was thinking this morning - would a nice machine code scroll be of any use?
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

It's allready debugged!
Just one Basic line...

Pappy André *** seen angry !!!

He start to debug the Spectrum release !!!!
:D
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

gus wrote:
Paul Panks wrote:Hey gus,

Paul
Hi Paul,
Of course I want and I will do the corrections. Let's do something, because I belive that the grammatical errors comes from my changes where we can't use apostrophes ('), so if you can review all the texts in the listing maybe you can tell me all the places where I do mistakes and then I can correct all in one shot
You know I have a very, very poor english :) but you can bet on it: my BASIC is better that my english :) :) :)
Thanks and I apologize for the grammatical errors
Gus
Hey gus,

Well, I noticed several rooms in the castle were the last word of a line was truncated off. Example: "Hallway" becomes "Ha". "Forest" becomes "Fores". etc. Most of these truncated words happened in the castle. I don't have the code in front of me. But I do know that these words are truncated for some reason or another.

Paul