8K Adventure ported to the ZX-81?

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Paul Panks

Re: 8K Adventure ported to the ZX-81?

Post by Paul Panks »

I will be curious to see the differences between Andre's port of 8K Adventure and gus' port.

Paul
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Has Andrew done his yet?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Bonjour ZX81/TS1000 fans,

Yes, My version is available! If you want a "rush" copy sent me an e-mail and I will sent you back a copy. Otherwise you will have to wait a bit to see it on "my" web site or another web site. It is still (to me) a beta version. But I am almost sure since this morning, this is the final version.

Now during the game, you get a proper answer to any question about anything from anywhere in the game. Ex. Try FIGHT from anywhere, try FIGHT TREE from anywhere, try FIGHT DEMON from anywhere. Also the battles are fast and furious. You can carry only 5 items at a time, so keep track of your inventory often. The HELP screen and the ending have a little more color.

For the French fans, I will try a French version. Already the memory problem has surface in the English version, so usualy the French versions are always a bit longer.

See you soon, ANDRE***
http://www.zx-team.de/andre
http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre
The ZX81 pleasure is spreading, ANDRE***
http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre
http://zx81.de/andre
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Welcome André !
:D
:oops:
Bad news regard my ASM optimization !
Your code is faster !!!
Cf. New tread.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

Hey Andre,

Please email me a copy at:

dunric@yahoo.com

Thanks! :)

Paul
gus

Post by gus »

Hi to All !!!

Here is a new version that includes a workarround with the word-wrap in the texts with a lenght greater that 32 chars.

Gus :)
Attachments
adv8k.zip
ADV8K ported by Gus :)
(5.94 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

Thanks Gus. Looks good!

Paul
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

Could you post some pics of the word wrap in action? I still see several rooms where the text gets truncated (cut off). Also, sometimes the inventory routine froze up for no reason. I also noticed a bug where you can fight a monster even if they aren't in the same room as you. That definitely needs fixing.

Paul

gus

Post by gus »

Paul Panks wrote:Could you post some pics of the word wrap in action? I still see several rooms where the text gets truncated (cut off). Also, sometimes the inventory routine froze up for no reason. I also noticed a bug where you can fight a monster even if they aren't in the same room as you. That definitely needs fixing.

Paul

Paul,
I think that I post a incomplete version.. because I need to change the Print Out line Number too in order to acomodate the longer texts...
that is a quick fix, included here.
Paul Panks wrote:Could you post some pics of the word wrap in action? I still see several rooms where the text gets truncated (cut off). Also, sometimes the inventory routine froze up for no reason. I also noticed a bug where you can fight a monster even if they aren't in the same room as you. That definitely needs fixing.

Paul

Hi Paul
I will need to play the complete adventure... because I do check the texts on a separated program, but sharing the display routines...
If you can you send me a PM with the solution better, in other case I will start doing my player homework :)

Be Well,
gus
Paul Panks

Post by Paul Panks »

Hey gus,

Line 200 should read (in part):

IF N<17 OR LO(N)<>RM THEN PRINT "HOW?":GO TO 80

The rest should be pretty easy to fix with the new word wrap routine. The rooms in the castle and a couple in the forest (east of Goblin) cut off part of the text (>32 characters).

Paul