Why do we hear so little from Dr Beep?

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
dr beep

Why do we hear so little from Dr Beep?

Post by dr beep »

DISCLAIMER: NO SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE BUT OTHER DEVELOPMENT.

After a prolific period of coding up to end 2021 it is now seamingly quiet around the works of Dr Beep.

I can tell you that with the ending of 2021 my political career in local politics ended as well due to not being elected for a next period.

This was mainly due to my position on the list, I was too busy with work so I was lower on the list. My own choice.

After the elections I decided to write a book about my political career and that is what I have been working on most of this year.

In the spare time left I coded my SHOGUN-game for the very first computer I ever had, the TRS80 MC10.

With that version I improved my 1K version for the ZX81 and that is all I finished this year so far on a ZX81.

When my book is finished I hope to have more time for the ZX81.
I still have several ideas unfinished waiting to be coded.

Besides the games I am working on 2 books for the ZX81.
The first is a book about all the 81 1K hiresgames and how they developped. Each game has 2 pages with a picture, how the idea formed, how it developped, some fun facts, controls releasedate.
The book will therefore be easy to read and with over 160 pages a nice size as well.

The second book is about coding in 1K itself, but I don't know if it will have enough pages to make it a book.

I might need someone to read the book since english is not my natove language.

greetings,
Johan "Dr Beep" Koelman
Spinnetti

Re: Why do we hear so little from Dr Beep?

Post by Spinnetti »

Cool, thanks for update.

Happy to proofread for you if you like, though it would be American English rather than English-English lol.

Cheers
Zeddy: ZX80, ZX81/ZXpand, TS1000/ZXpand, TS1500/Zxpand+
Speccy: 48k, +, +2, +3, TS2068, "Bare Metal" Pi, Next KS2, IF1/Microdrives/Vdrive/Light Gun/VGA-Joy
QL: Minerva/QL-VGA/Custom PSU
C5: 24v, LiFE battery, Disc brakes
Paul

Post by Paul »

Maybe he wrote it in Dutch?
Cool idea, I'd be interested in reading it.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
SafePit

Post by SafePit »

Congrats for your career in Politics, however short or local. I hope it was worth it to you. I really enjoyed your developer series in the forums. They really helped me understand how better to structure my code and give me a starting point for my own coding. Look forward to reading your books!
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

SafePit wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:08 am Congrats for your career in Politics, however short or local. I hope it was worth it to you. I really enjoyed your developer series in the forums. They really helped me understand how better to structure my code and give me a starting point for my own coding. Look forward to reading your books!
A translated article in local newspaper about the last 8 years in local politics

https://www-kliknieuwsdemaasdriehoek-nl ... x_tr_hl=en
SafePit

Post by SafePit »

dr beep wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:45 pm A translated article in local newspaper about the last 8 years in local politics

https://www-kliknieuwsdemaasdriehoek-nl ... x_tr_hl=en
Great read and thanks for sharing. Sounds like quite a time in office.