ZEDDYNET

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
tdg8934

Re: ZEDDYNET

Post by tdg8934 »

Paul,

I would like the kit. How soon will these be ready? If soon, can you mail to my hotel in Hechingen, Germany or my home in Illinois (USA)? How can we pay for this?

Thanks,

Tim
Paul

Post by Paul »

The PCBs have arrived.
I need to order parts as soon as I know how many KITs/built devices are requested (because of postage). I can of course send to your hotel.
I guess I can post in about a week.
The PMs about payment have been sent.
Kind regards
Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I forgot to add: PCB and GAL only can be sent the day after payment arrived.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Paul - I sent you a PM to send me the kit using my wife's Paypal name (Wanda Gilmore). It's going to my Illionois address. It's in GBP currency from USD.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Hi Paul,

Got pm, would like PCB and Gal only, will send money via PayPal

Regards Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Paul

Post by Paul »

If anybody pays via paypal, please state you are paying for goods, otherwise I can't see your address.
You may as well pay to friends saving me fees, but then please PM me your address.
Thank you
Paul
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Paul,

I think that you will find a lot of interest in these modules - it would be worth looking at getting another 50 made and put them on sellmyretro - it might also be worth people clubbing together to purchase the the WIZ812MJ module
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Rich,
At the moment I am busy translating all documentation into English. Everything is in German at the moment.
Once this is done I can supply you with any number you like.
The Zeddy isn't capable of doing any encryption. Mailing nowadays (at least in Germany) requires https One of our German ZX-Team members made a relay server and provided the team with non encrypted mail addresses. I will ask him if he likes to offer this service to all Zeddy users.
kind regards Paul
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Thanks Paul! I also ordered my WIZ812MJ module from Mouser.com and its shipped already.

A couple of questions...everything that's internet connected in my house is wireless. Do you think it's possible to make this wireless via some Ethernet device plugin? Initially to set it up I'm assuming you would connect it to your router for up address settings. Is this correct or can it be configured through a laptop?

Thanks again. Tim
Paul

Post by Paul »

I use a wifi access point as my cable to wifi adapter. Any of these will work and need to be configured by you.
The zeddynet doesn't store it's configuration.
There is a ipconfig.p that sets up the zeddynet system variables in the 8-16k address RAM.
Once this has been set up you can save the program as auto start and it will reconfigure the wiznet chip on reload.
kind regards Paul