ZXPand firmware (paging SirMorris!)

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
sirmorris

Re: ZXPand firmware (paging SirMorris!)

Post by sirmorris »

2.2 is the latest stable - there was an update which skipped a few digits (2.5 'dragon') but this has been proven to introduce an incompatibility with COMMANDER :oops: so it's not recommended right how. Also it's not officially 'out there' unless you've bought Jim's Dragon's Lair release.
tokabln

Post by tokabln »

Hi All,

when I'm doing the updates... I hoped to fix an issue I have when using ZeddyNet. So not sure if I should open a new thread but here's the problem.

I can load and run "ipconfig" and I can load and run "IRC" chat client. I'm also able to load the "IRC-ANSI" client but when I'm trying to run this... the screen flashes and the ZXPAND start message "ZXPAND 2.2" appears and the client doesn't run.

I'm having a ZXPand issue 1 board with the sound modul attached. I also did a CONFIG "M-L" to use the adress range 8-40KB which seems to be needed by the ANSI IRC client according the German ZX Forum... but it seems to be that siggi doesn't use the ZXPand together with the ZeddyNet and therefore he can't help me here.

Is there anybody out there who is using the same set- up and is able to run the ANSI IRC client?

I'm using an BUS extender board where the ZeddyNet is plucked in first and the ZXPand as second device.

Hope to get some help...
Kind regards Torsten (Berlin)
BMZ MFA, ZX80Core/More, AX81, ZX81, ZX81NU, Spectrum+, Harlequin, Amstrad NC100, Z88, C64, C128D, Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, Atari Portfolio, HP200LX, IBM PC 5155, TP755c, T41, PS/2 (Model 40SX), PS/2E, Accura 101, Apple //e
balford

Post by balford »

Got the replacement SRAM today, and the ZXPand boots with just the SRAM and modified Memory GAL, and PRINT PEEK 16389 = 128.

Once the GAL's arrive I'm confident I'll be able to resurrect this one :)

B
balford

Post by balford »

New GAL's arrived today, and I'm glad to report that after a new EPROM, SRAM and memory GAL, this ZXPand is now fully operational.

Thanks to all who helped, especially SirMorris :)

B
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Good news :D

Glad that you are back up and running :P

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.