ZXmore and Front Panel

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
dessony

ZXmore and Front Panel

Post by dessony »

Pokémon or somebody else,

I understand that ZXmore can run any CP/M software. So I think of one more thing for the ZXmore. I can try a challenge for the computer...

Front Panel!

http://uxpro.com/shop/index.php?route=common/home

I would have to order a S100 socket and hook it up to the edge connector and plug it to the ZXmore. And find a ROM image of an Altair 8080 or a ROM image of an IMSAI 8080 and add them to the ZXmore's EEPROM. I may have to use the ZXmore's ROM switch to use the front panel.

Dessony (Bill)
dessony

Re: ZXmore and Front Panel

Post by dessony »

After a few minutes of viewing a website of a S-100 socket, I was wrong! :oops: I really meant a card edge connector, not a socket.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

If you are looking for a card edge connector, I have them in the right length and right coded (with a keyway) in my shop:
http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/3823

You may use it from another source in 1/10 inch raster as well with minimum 23 rows which is hard to find or use a longer one, cut it yourself und put a keyway in the right position. For the newer I just solder the keyway contacts with some solder together so that it is very hard (never say impossible :mrgreen: ) to put the connector wrong way or in wrong position.

I am preparing a new update for ZXmore right now and hopefully publish in the evening. There are some new features but CP/M not yet implemented due to time. But have 6 weeks free in summer now and will keep on developing this update. So today there is an intermediate release with new features but not final. I wonder if there will be ever a final condition for ZXmore as there are so much additional options and features coming in mind. ;)
dessony

Post by dessony »

Pokémon,

Yes, one card edge connector for the TS1000/ZX81's end and one card edge connector for the front panel's end. The front panel uses a S-100 system which is very different from the ZX81/TS1000's. I will post some S-100 system information here soon.
dessony

Post by dessony »

It look like I might make a circuit/breakout breadboard between the ZXmore bus system and the S-100 bus system.

http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/s100bus.html
IEEE_696_1983.pdf
S-100 bus system
(906.27 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Dessony
oscar

Post by oscar »

For what it's worth, I'm really looking forward to the availability of CP/M for the ZXmore; once that's ready to go I'll definitely be buying. I'm interested to see/read what dessony comes up with for a front panel, that sounds like an interesting project.