Mike Lord's little HRG board to go inside ZX81

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
juancast

Mike Lord's little HRG board to go inside ZX81

Post by juancast »

Hey guys, it's me again, I just found some ZX81 hardware and forgot how to use it . It's a little microchip board that gives high resolution to your games, you have to poke 16515, something and the same to go bck to normal pixels. I lost the instructions, how to use it, so if any of you also bought it, I'd love to get the manual or instructions what to poke and with what results for graphics. Thank you.

Also if any of the original founders of the North America Timex Sinclair Users' Club started in Toronto, Canada in 1982 is around, I'd love to get in touch again (maybe a possible reunion?) since I'll be traveling there. I refer to the past president, Peter Harvey, Alan Loyd, Stan Piotrowski, the Aussie Brian Hammond and others.
gammaray

Re: Mike Lord's little HRG board to go inside ZX81

Post by gammaray »

Maybe a picture of the board would help?
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
juancast

Re: Mike Lord's little HRG board to go inside ZX81

Post by juancast »

Sorry, but that is going to be difficult because the ZX81 has a Memopak 64K memory attached with very high quality two-way sticky tape that over 30 years has become quite solid and refuses to budge, I fear if I try too hard I'll break something. I bought it from one of the many adds in ZX magazines, so somebody else must have bought it also. I remember I took my ZX81 thus modified to Gladstone Electronics and the guys there couldn't believe the quality of the little ships and the bombs and the details on the ground in one of those 'fly over and blast'em' games. Mike Lord was also the author of one of those books on the ZX81.