I may have found a way to run H4th with the ZXpand.

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
Paul

Re: I may have found a way to run H4th with the ZXpand.

Post by Paul »

I really don't want to work against a ZXPand version but would like to hint you on Heinz's solution for vdrive with h4th
He added the "vsave" and "vload" commands into h4th and I suggest to add "zsave" and "zload" into h4th as well.
Heinz might be some help here I hope.
It would be great to have one ROM offering both methods for free selection of save device.
Kind regards
Paul
http://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 150#p29097
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Moggy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 pm
Andy Rea wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:45 pm assembler is good...

how many Spands do you have Moggy ?

I'm really not much help here :mrgreen:
Five.

Two for music, two for large number maths/encipherment which is an interest of mine and one for my ZX80.

Of the two music 'spands one is for MIDI, the other I use with Trick firmware (courtesy of the boss) with a stereo modified Zonx unit alongside the spands own AY for Turbosound as I find a four speaker dual amp setup a lot clearer and less muddy/distorted than Turbosound funnelled into normal stereo plus you can get a better balance that way.
For a moment, after reading "five", I thought, he's about to say five channel surround sound, oooh...
But he didn't :lol:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

1024MAK wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:05 am
Moggy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 pm
Andy Rea wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:45 pm assembler is good...

how many Spands do you have Moggy ?

I'm really not much help here :mrgreen:
Five.

Two for music, two for large number maths/encipherment which is an interest of mine and one for my ZX80.

Of the two music 'spands one is for MIDI, the other I use with Trick firmware (courtesy of the boss) with a stereo modified Zonx unit alongside the spands own AY for Turbosound as I find a four speaker dual amp setup a lot clearer and less muddy/distorted than Turbosound funnelled into normal stereo plus you can get a better balance that way.
For a moment, after reading "five", I thought, he's about to say five channel surround sound, oooh...
But he didn't :lol:

Mark
I do on the attic one, with an 18" 1960's Goodman audiom 91 subwoofer
all my former neighbours loved it. ;)
Attachments
subwoofer.jpeg
subwoofer.jpeg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 1479 times