Thurnall Hardware Add-Ons

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
john_newcombe

Thurnall Hardware Add-Ons

Post by john_newcombe »

Does anyone know where I could get the user manual/handbook for the Thurnall TE10 I/O port add-on? I know it uses a Z80PIO and is accessed using the Z80 I/O ports but I have no idea which ones.

Erm

Re: Thurnall Hardware Add-Ons

Post by Erm »

Spooky massive coincidence alert! I was sorting through some ZX81 paperwork and books earlier today to sort out a selection of spare German computer books to put on ebay and I re-discovered this:
20210727_211552.jpg
I never actually had the device. This 8 page instruction sheet came with a German job-lot a while ago, I can't remember when or where, but I kept it after noticing that there was no copy of it online and intending to share it at some point. I'll scan all the pages and will share here for posterity.
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum). https:\\QXL.WIN < QL related collection.
Erm

Post by Erm »

And here it is. Quality wasn't amazing to start with, but it looks like it's all legible.
Attachments
Thurnall T10 IO ZX81.pdf
(6.03 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum). https:\\QXL.WIN < QL related collection.
john_newcombe

Post by john_newcombe »

Erm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:54 pm And here it is. Quality wasn't amazing to start with, but it looks like it's all legible.
Thank you so much this is fantastic. I was thinking of expanding the Nuclear Reactor software viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4278 to control some real hardware. May end up trying something else though.
Erm

Post by Erm »

john_newcombe wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:10 pm
Erm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:54 pm And here it is. Quality wasn't amazing to start with, but it looks like it's all legible.
Thank you so much this is fantastic. I was thinking of expanding the Nuclear Reactor software viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4278 to control some real hardware. May end up trying something else though.
Amazing timing though. If you'd not mentioned it on the same day I'd just re-discovered it, I probably wouldn't have realised I had it! Seems to be a pretty rare expansion to find though, I've never seen one and very little comes up when you google. If you do use it, post pics etc.
john_newcombe

Post by john_newcombe »

One of the things i was planning was to add some I/O support to the Nuclear Power Station software viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4278. Wherever I end up using it, I will certainly make a record and post here.

Once again many thanks.