LarKen FDD

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
jegs2

LarKen FDD

Post by jegs2 »

Hello! I'm new to the forum, but not to the world of Sinclair. My first machine was a Timex Sinclair 1500 back in '82, followed up with a 2068 a few months later. Several years ago, regained interest in the old machines and bought another T/S 2068 off of ebay. Later on, acquired a LarKen FDD along with a bunch of 3.5 floppy disks, and it worked for a long time.

Still have the machine, though it is in disrepair and no longer functions. Does anyone here use the old LarKen FDD systems or know where I might be able to send it to get repaired?
gus

Re: LarKen FDD

Post by gus »

Hi !

Good to know that someone have a Larken System. Do you use it with the TS1500 or with the TS2068 ?

I discovered the Larken system just 2 years ago, and of course I never use one in my life, but I think that I will be really happy with one of this units.
Exited with the discovery and with the Emulated version of the system I dome experiments. You can check it here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=228&p=1615&hilit=larken#p1615

In this forums you can find a lot of very brilliant hardware boys (no my case)

Gus
jegs2

Post by jegs2 »

gus wrote:Hi !

Good to know that someone have a Larken System. Do you use it with the TS1500 or with the TS2068 ?

Used to work on my 2068, but it hasn't functioned properly in a long time. One of the legs on an IC chip recently broke off too, so that can't have helped.

gus wrote:I discovered the Larken system just 2 years ago, and of course I never use one in my life, but I think that I will be really happy with one of this units.
Exited with the discovery and with the Emulated version of the system I dome experiments. You can check it here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=228&p=1615&hilit=larken#p1615

In this forums you can find a lot of very brilliant hardware boys (no my case)

Gus
Thanks much. Will look that way.
jegs2

Post by jegs2 »

Okay, attached a photo. You can see the LarKen DOS on the screen, the twister board plugged into the back of the T/S 2068, a bunch of floppy 3.5 disks, an older power supply, and the two FDDs.
Attachments
Timex Sinclair 2068 with LarKen FDD.JPG
(124.36 KiB) Downloaded 1614 times
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Jegs,
I read where you are in need of a chip for the Larken. What are the numbers for the chip you are in need of, I may have one.
peace...neil