TS1000 Keyboard decision....

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
desiv

Re: TS1000 Keyboard decision....

Post by desiv »

1024MAK wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:19 am Also, both should only require a small adjustment from their settings, from when the module was supplied.
Mark
Thanx!
I have the paper printout instructions that came with it (which is surprising the way I "store" things), but good to have the PDF for my archive!
Yeah, I think mine probably came set for the old style ULA (said in the manual), and my initial attempts to dial it in were probably not as small as they needed to be. ;-)

I suppose I need to actually move on to my TZXDuino project now. ;-)
I can play audio files using that Java tapetools program. I tried the really awesome looking Android program PlayZX, but no matter what volume level I tried (and I tried audio booster apps), I couldn't get a successful load. That might be something about my phone, as I could never get it to play audio WAV files to my Aquarius computer either.
But, I think I have everything to do a TZXDuino, so that's probably next on the list. ;-)
(When I can find everything... One of the reasons it took me so long to install the ZX8-CCB was that I had lost it in my stuff for months. ;-) )

As for the original reason for the post, I think I'm sticking with the UK keyboard layout for a bit. Yeah, it's not authentic, especially on the TS1000.
But my USA ZX81 still has it's US keyboard and it all authentic (1K RAM, RF).
The TS1000 has now been modded for several things, so as it's my daily driver, I'm good with it not being authentic. :-)