ZXPand+ new CPLD firmware

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
Moggy

ZXPand+ new CPLD firmware

Post by Moggy »

As the title mentions, a new update for the ZXpand+ CPLD.

Details are on the German forum though curiously absent from here for some reason so thought it best to give it a mention, however just follow the link for more information.

https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3974
Spinnetti

Re: ZXPand+ new CPLD firmware

Post by Spinnetti »

Interesting.. Just got one a week ago, wonder if it has the new code on it already. Any easy way to tell?
Zeddy: ZX80, ZX81/ZXpand, TS1000/ZXpand, TS1500/Zxpand+
Speccy: 48k, +, +2, +3, TS2068, "Bare Metal" Pi, Next KS2, IF1/Microdrives/Vdrive/Light Gun/VGA-Joy
QL: Minerva/QL-VGA/Custom PSU
C5: 24v, LiFE battery, Disc brakes
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

The only un-scientific method I know of as I don't have the brain for such things is to run something that insists on M=L (for example) to work and would crash if M=H and if it doesn't crash when M=H it's working as it should as I believe the update just does away with having to select the memory area one wants to work with, IE no more CONFIG "M=L/H" required anymore.
Paul

Post by Paul »

A better test might be poking some value at 9000 and see if it's found when peeking 41768.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Moggy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:47 pm Details are on the German forum though curiously absent from here for some reason
Yes sorry for my omission. Actually after the first question on how to update I thought I first update my ZXPands before posting here and I didn't find the time to update them.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Paul wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm
Moggy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:47 pm Details are on the German forum though curiously absent from here for some reason
Yes sorry for my omission. Actually after the first question on how to update I thought I first update my ZXPands before posting here and I didn't find the time to update them.
No worries old friend we get there eventually! :lol: