Times Sinclair 1500 video out

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
PokeMon

Re: Times Sinclair 1500 video out

Post by PokeMon »

Hi,
if cabling was made correct (no shorts) you maybe have to recalibrate the two trimmers. Please refer to the instruction sheet for that. The TS1500 may have different voltages at the ULA output but this should be not a problem when re-adjusting.
jegs2

Post by jegs2 »

PokeMon wrote:Hi,
if cabling was made correct (no shorts) you maybe have to recalibrate the two trimmers. Please refer to the instruction sheet for that. The TS1500 may have different voltages at the ULA output but this should be not a problem when re-adjusting.
Ah yes, when all else fails, read the instructions. Had forgot about the adjustments. Made them, and I have a picture-perfect "K"
Boy is that adjustment touchy! Took some really slow tweaking, but now it looks great.

Much thanks!

Now have to make some cosmetic changes.

Will include screen shots, once I'm complete.

Also thinking of adding a power toggle, like I did on my gray Speccy plus 2, but that should prove easier.
jegs2

Post by jegs2 »

Thanks for everyone's help!
Attachments
TS 1500 with Video Mod and ZXSpand.JPG
(292.09 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
TS 1500 Thanks Screenshot.JPG
(249.15 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

The first screenshot looks great - is it a game or just a demo ? :shock:

About the calibration - it could be hard on a LCD TV as this looses picture when loosing sync while old CRT TVs are much easier in that way - they show a picture any time regardless if sync is correct or not.
jegs2

Post by jegs2 »

The graphic is a scrolling marquis that runs on the ZXpand, and it is one of the demo programs, not really even one of the more impressive.